Applications due 08/17/18
Denver Athletic Club Assistant Swim Team Coach
The Denver Athletic Club Hammerheads is a year-round USA swim program with about 70 active members’ ages 5-15 years old. We offer 5 weekday practices and attend a minimum of one swim meet a month. We are seeking an energetic and knowledgeable swim team coach that can support our swim team and Head Coach.
Summary of Position: The assistant swim team coach provides leadership, motivation and instruction for all swim team participants. The assistant coach is expected to attend daily practice and the occasional weekend swim meets. The assistant coach is also responsible for creating and maintaining a safe, fun and exciting environment for the swim team participants.
1. Assist the Head Coach in creating thorough age-appropriate workouts focusing on stroke development, technique, endurance, etc.
2. Must be able to coach children ages 6 to 18 on proper swimming technique and stroke development
3. Be able to exhibit a warm and friendly demeanor when working with swim team members and other staff at the DAC
4. Assist the Head Coach in any administrative matters relating to the team, swim meet arrangements, team performance during swim meets as well as interact positively with the parents
5. Be a positive influence toward swim team members and parents at all times
- Previous swim coaching experience preferred
- Certified by USA swimming as a coaching member (or willingness to work towards certification)
- Demonstrate proficiency and have a strong foundation in stroke mechanics.
- Must be 18 or older
Our swim team practices weekdays (Monday-Friday) from 4:15-7:00 PM. We would like our candidate to be available to cover a minimum of 2 hours a day. This is a part-time position starting in August.
How to Apply
Please apply at this link: https://denverathleticclub.applicantpro.com/jobs/832060.html
1325 Glenarm Place