2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Prelims Live Stream (USA Swimming)
- Prelims Live Stream (NBC Olympics)
- Finals Live Stream (Olympic Channel)
- Wave I Psych Sheets
- Wave I Live Results
- Day 3 Prelims Heat Sheet
16-year-old Mitchell Ledford established himself as one of the top-10 15-16 100 butterfly performers of all-time with his winning performance at the 2021 US Olympic Trials.
After narrowly missing the A-final this morning, Ledford led the B-final during finals, coming back on the field over the final 50 meters to touch in a time of 53.58.
Ledford’s performance marks a new personal best for the 16 year-old, who represents TCSC, knocking over 2 tenths of a second off of his previous best of 53.79. With his time, Ledford is now the 10th-fastest performer in 15-16 age group history in the 100 butterfly, tying Kevin Behrens’ time from 2009.
The current 15-16 100m butterfly National Age Group Record stands at a 52.40 set by Luca Urlando in 2018.
Although he won the B-final, Ledford will not be eligible to move on to Wave II with his performance, as he did not finish top 2 in the A-final.