This week on the SwimSwam Breakdown, we cover the highlights from the first week of the NCAA Mid-season invites, the Finals picture after week 2 of the ISL playoffs, and what Lydia Jacoby signing with Arena means for the high school swimming community at large. See below for full list of topics:
NCAA Mid-Season Invites:
- It was a good sign for Alabama head coach Margo Geer as her Tide rolled this weekend in their first rested outing with Geer at the helm
- After taking a red-shirt season as a team, Arizona State had their “COVID comeback” as many of their athletes registered wins in Greensboro
- Behind ACC records from Olympic medalists Alex Walsh and Kate Douglass, Virginia asserted themselves as the favorites to take the NCAA title over the Stanford women, who had strong showings themselves but not as much depth
- Foreign freshman Ellen Walshe, Avery Wiseman, Andrei Minakov, and Leon Marchand all had their first major yards outings and all dropped major yards times
- Dressel looked off in his playoff debut with the Condors
- What will it take for Toronto to upset a London or LA for the 4th spot in the ISL final?
SINK or SWIM
- Will Lydia Jaobcy’s signing with Arena open the floodgates for other high school stars to sign suit deals?
- Is Kliment Kolesnikov the best bubble ring blower ever?
- After seeing Claire Curzan down 3 National HS records in SCM, should high school state meets be held in SCM?
- Will we see Caeleb Dressel‘s international event lineup change after announcing a switch in training with Anthony Nesty and Steve Jungbluth?
- Will Adam Peaty compete in Eindhoven at all this season?