Reported by Lauren Neidigh.
WOMEN’S 200 FREE:
- Pro Swim Series Record: 1:54.43- Katie Ledecky, Austin 2016
- Pool Record: 1:54.82- Katie Ledecky (Nation’s Capital), 2016
- GOLD: Taylor Ruck, 1:56.85
- SILVER: Wang Jianjiahe, 1:57.60
- BRONZE: Rebecca Smith, 1:59.14
Another swim, another best time. Candian junior star Taylor Ruck shaved a few tenths off her best for another dominant win on 1:56.85, shortly after winning the 200 back title. Last night’s 800 free champ, Wang Jianjiahe of China, picked up another medal in 2nd place. Rebecca Smith and Penny Oleksiak, also Canadian junior standouts, battled for 3rd, with Smith clipping Oleksiak (1:59.32) for bronze.