2019 SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE SWIMMING & DIVING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Tuesday, February 19 – Saturday, February 23
- Gabrielsen Natatorium, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia (Eastern Time Zone)
- Defending Champion: Texas A&M Women (3x), Florida men (6x)(results)
- Live results
- Live Video – SEC Network
- Championship Central
Reported by Nick Pecoraro.
MEN’S 200 FREE
SEC Meet Record – 1:31.61, Mikel Schreuders
- NCAA Record – 1:29.50, Townley Haas
- Mikel Schreuders (Mizzou)- 1:31.27
- Joey Reilman (Tennessee)- 1:32.35
- Khader Baglah (Florida)- 1:32.71
Mikel Schreuders kept his top spot and his own SEC record in the 200 free. His finishing time of 1:31.27 broke his 2-day old SEC record, and now holds the #1 and #2 fastest 200 free times in SEC history. He also maintained his #2 time in the NCAA this year behind Cal’s Andrew Seliskar. A 2nd time under 1:32 means that Schreuder should be a favorite to at least A-final in this event at NCAAs, assuming he can repeat that time once again in prelims there.
Taking second was Joey Reilman of Tennessee with a 1:32.35, which also keeps him at #4 in the NCAA and makes him look likely a likely scoring prospect at NCAAs, where last year he finished 24th in prelims. Khader Baqlah of Florida rounded out the top 3 with a 1:32.71, keeping his #6 time in the NCAA this year as well. Last year, Baqlah was 1:31.96 here, and then swam a 1:31.98 at NCAAs, taking 5th overall.