Kansas vs. TCU Dual Meet
- October 17th, 2020
- Robinson Natatorium
- Short Course Yards (SCY) format
- Results on Meet Mobile: “Kansas v. TCU
- Women: Kansas 187 – TCU 112
The University of Kansas kicked off their season by hosting fellow Big-12 member Texas Christian University (TCU). This was the second meet of the weekend for the TCU women after swimming against Mizzou on Friday.
In the first event of the meet, the 200 medley relay, the Jayhawk women took the top two spots, finishing in 1:41.25 and 1:42.96. This time would have been the team’s third-fastest swim in the event last year, ranking only behind their time from the Kansas Classic (1:40.06) and their school-record setting performance from Big-12’s (1:37.70).
Kansas continued their dominance in the second event, with freshman Kara Church taking the top spot in a time of 10:11.06. While the event is not a part of the Division 1 championship meet schedule, Church’s performance would have been the team’s fastest swim in the event last season.
TCU’s first win came in the 200 free with Emma Hultquist taking the top spot. Hultquist is in her first year with the Horned Frogs, having swum for the University of Arkansas last season. She finished in 1:50.41, with Kansas’s Claire Campbell (1:52.04) and Lauryn Parrish (1:52.36) taking the next two spots.
Hultquist would also contribute TCU’s only other win in the pool. She touched the wall in the 100 free in 51.76. Her best time in the event is from last year’s 2020 SEC Championship, where she finished in 50.65.
TCU was dominant on the diving boards, taking the top three spots on both the 1-meter and 3-meter. Faith Harms-Zacharias took first on both, posting a 247.35 on the 1-meter and 244.50 on the 3-meter. As a freshman, Harms-Zacharias only competed in 4 meets during the fall but managed to earn NCAA Zone qualifying standards on the 1-meter three times.
Other Notable Swims
- Big-12 champion Kate Steward (Kansas) took first in three individual events, the 100 breast (1:02.94), 200 breast (2:15.21), and 200 IM (2:04.56).
- Kansas’s Autumn Looney swept the two events she competed in, posting a 23.57 in the 50 free and 56.07 in the 100 fly.
- Joining Steward and Looney as a multiple event winner for Kansas, Manon Manning took the top spot in the 100 back (53.63) and 200 back (1:59.50).