Date posted: September 28, 2023
Location: 1000 Mulberry Street, Zionsville, IN, USA
Full-Time Assistant Coach (senior & age group)
Zionsville Swim Club is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time assistant to work with both age group & senior level athletes. We are looking for coaches that have a love of swimming and enjoy helping develop young people. Zionsville SC has a supportive community, a professional coaching staff, and motivated athletes.
Full-time and reports directly to the ZSC Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach. Approximately 25-30 hours weekly for on-deck coaching with an additional 10 hours of administrative duties. Swim meet attendance one or two weekends each month. Start date: August 15, 2023. The position will remain open until filled.
ZSC is a USA-Swimming Silver Medal Club with Level 3 Recognition. We have 250+ members. ZSC operates out of Zionsville Community High School (25y) year-round and seasonally at the outdoor Azionaqua Swim Club (50m). Zionsville is located about 20 miles northwest of downtown Indianapolis.
COACHING & ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES:
- Create a positive team environment that inspires excellence
- Provide regular communication with athletes and parents
- Maintain regular communication with staff.
- Responsible for leading two of the club’s training squads and assisting others as needed.
- Assist in the design of seasonal training plans for Senior and Age Group training squads.
- Attend competitions as assigned by Head Age Group Coach
- Help select meet events and complete swim meet entries in TeamUnify.
- College Degree Preferred
- Competitive Swimming Experience
- Coaching Experience
- Able to meet USA-Swimming Coaching Safety Requirements and pass all applicable background checks prior to starting employment.
- This is a full-time salaried position.
- Benefits include a stipend towards medical insurance and an additional 3% of salary for a retirement account.
- Approved expense reimbursement for educational training and travel
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume with references to:
Zionsville Swim Club