****THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED****************
Under of the direction of the Senior Director of Competitive Swimming, the Program Director of Aquatics & Competitive Swimming will be responsible for the management, supervision, and evaluation of the 13 & Under Silver Fins swim team program. This role will also assist the director with the 14 & over swim team program. Additional responsibilities will include aquatics program, budget, personnel, maintenance, equipment, trainings/staff meetings, risk management, quality assurance and other functions. This role is responsible for maintaining the certification training necessary to be a certified swim coach in accordance with the YMCA of the USA and USA Swimming as this position involves coaching. This position will also oversee swim lessons, learn to swim, and lifeguards as part of the Southwest Valley continuum of aquatic programing.
1. Coach assigned groups as requested by the Senior Director of Competitive Swim
2. Ensures the 13 & under competitive swim program meets the needs of the community and association standards.
3. Provide a season overview or macro plan for all coaching staff to follow. Develop a full curriculum for all 13 & under coaches.
4. Assist in planning and operation of Fundraising events (Swim Clinics, Swim-A-Thons, ect), feeder transitions to include swim lesson and summer recreational participants.
5. Oversee team assessments including but not limited to scheduling of dates, inquires, responses, tryouts, ect. Promote and recruit new swimmers for the West Side YMCA Silver Fins
6. Monitor and revise practice and meet schedules with Senior Director of Competitive Swim.
7. Attend all assigned meets as directed by Senior Director of Competitive Swim. Be on Deck for all assigned hours.
8. Must maintain office hours and be available to work mornings, evening and weekends for practice sessions or swim meets as scheduled.
9. Directly responsible for: billing, enrollment, meet registration, travel of team and other administrative duties as necessary.
10. Develop a strong knowledge of team manager; meet manager and team unify software.
11. Assist in the administration function of the team; team unify related work including, parent communication, practice updates, team records and online meet entries. Set up and breakdown of swim meets.
12. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with other community organizations.
13. Responsible to help move youth along the continuum from first swim lesson to finding the correct spot on a swim team, either recreational or competitive.
14. Evaluates 13 & under staff regularly to ensure program quality and consistence. Makes recommendations to Senior Director of Competitive Swim regarding staff performance issues and concerns.
15. Maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes from practice and swim meets attended. Report swimmer advancement to Senior Director of Competitive Swim and facilitate seamless transitions between groups.
16. Works with aquatic leaders and branch leadership to ensure that the pool and program schedules are in alignment with fiscal and program goals. Assist lifeguards with maintaining a safe pool environment as well as closing duties.
17. Conduct trainings for 13 & under coaching staff that ensure continue growth and enhance consistency of competitive program.
18. Assists in the marketing and actively seek to build strategic philanthropic relationships. Contribute content to YWSF and YMCA weekly and monthly newsletters.
19. Assists in the development and monitoring of the department budget to meet fiscal objectives; assists in fund raising.
20. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
21. Assist with all Aquatic Cabinet as requested, assists Senior Director of Competitive Swim on planning, execution of recreation swim programs.
22. All other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum age of 21.
2. Minimum of three years working as swim coach and previous management related experience.
3. Must possess, maintain and renew American Red Cross and/or YMCA Lifeguard Certification
4. Ability to relate to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
5. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness for applicable certifications.
6. Ability to think in the abstract, solve problems, and make quick decisions under stress.
7. Must have experience with computers including meet manager, team manager and Team Unify.
8. Must be able to manage a competitive swim team program of 150+ Age Group swimmers, hire and supervise staff, facilities, equipment, scheduling, and the ability to work closely with aquatic leadership.
9. Knowledge and experience in the recruitment, training and supervision of profession staff.
10. Must have skills in public relations, communication, interpersonal relationships and presenting.
11. Demonstrate a commitment to the Y’s four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
How to Apply
Please send resume to Darian Townsend – [email protected]