Applications due 08/31/20
Location: Belton, TX, USA
Tiger Shark Swim Team Head Age Group/Assistant Senior Coach
Provide swim instruction in a safe, positive learning environment. Assist in supporting the mission and vision of Tiger Shark Swim Team and promoting our programs throughout the community.
College degree (preferred)
Current American Red Cross Life Guarding/First Aid Certification or its equivalent
American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or its equivalent
American Red Cross Coaches Safety Training certification
USA Swimming Certification
Competitive swim experience (preferred)
Must be CPR/AED certified and maintain current coaching certification
Experienced with TeamUnify and HyTek (preferred)
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to communicate properly with staff, parents, and athletes
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Ability to record information, follow verbal or written instructions
Ability to work with students and the general public in a courteous manner
Two (2) years coaching experience (preferred)
Background in competitive swimming (preferred)
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes while teaching self-discipline, sportsmanship and responsibility.
- In coordination with the head coach, develop and maintain seasonal and quadrennial plans for the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardageand technique progressions, as well as how the groups are being challenged through competition and differentiated for movement up the team roster groups).
- Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and the head coach and monitor the progression of the athletes and team in reaching these goals.
- Implement TST swimming and dryland curricula for all groups to promote stroke development and physical conditioning appropriate for the athletes’ current level of fitness and physical/emotional development, while maintaining an appropriate level of challenge necessary to produce improvement in speed, fitness, and progression.
- Provide social/emotional support for athletes and differentiated programming to meet each athlete’s needs.
- Demonstrate a cooperative, responsive and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, community members, members of the staff, and board.
- Effectively supervise and delegate responsibilities for assistant age group coaches. This includes practices as well as meets.
- Practice continuous improvement and professional development for self under the direction of the head coach.
- Support all aspects of daily club operation in support of the swimmers, membership, and team mission and values. Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Create and submit meet entries in a timely manner.
- Assist in the tracking of swimmer participation and improvement in meets.
- Maintain and update website information regarding practice schedules, meet entries, news, etc.
- Various administrative functions such as practice scheduling and coordinating activities with the aquatics director and head coach.
- Work with the head coach to ensure club mission, vision and values are achieved.
- Act as a team representative while attending LSC meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and relay performances, meet participation, practice attendance and more.
- Under the direction of head coach assist in the creation and implementation of policies to ensure the safety and success of all members.
- Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness.
- Facilitate and participate in club fundraisers.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Athletic equipment, standard office equipment including computer and peripherals and other instructional equipment; automated external defibrillator (AED); frequent driving, pool maintenance and cleaning equipment
Posture: Sitting; prolonged standing; occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, stooping, swimming
Motion: Frequent walking; repetitive hand motions, running, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; frequent physical movements associated with sport; moderate grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension and reaching
Lifting: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
Environment: Occasional travel; noise level is usually moderate; occasional exposure to outside weather conditions and pool chemicals
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; frequent prolonged and irregular hours
How to Apply
To submit your resume or inquiries, please contact Sean Barry at [email protected]
Application must be submitted through the BISD website: hwww.bisd.net/domain/34
600 Lake Rd. Belton, Tx 76513