Applications due 07/26/20
UWCSEA East Dragons Swim Team seeks an experienced and forward-thinking swim coach from August 2020. As Assistant and Development Coach, this person should display initiative and confidence, particularly when leading the Junior Squad and Age Group programmes. The candidate will also be confident coaching at Senior and National Level with an appreciation of scientific coaching principles. The appropriate person should be dynamic and able to adapt to our ever-changing and growing swim programme.
- Assist teachers with PE swimming classes, both learn-to-swim and stroke development. Assist the Head Coach with the senior/high school swimmers and Senior/ National Squads when necessary
- Lead and or coach within the Development Squad Programme. Coach a squad(s) for the College Swim Team and be willing to coach between 2-6 weeks during school holiday.
- Complete Swim Meet Entries. Attend and coach at meets in which Swim Team is competing. Plan session and track athletes’ performance.
- Ensure the pool area is safe, secure and presentable at all times. Responsible for pool monitoring equipment maintenance, storage and pool facility upkeep. Maintain necessary administrative log records and arrange setup and clearing of equipment for swim classes and swim events
- Level 2 Coach or UKCC Level 2 certified or International equivalent
- Qualified swim coach with minimum 2 years of experience coaching
- Certified First Aider
- Computer literate and familiar with gmail and google platforms (Familiar with Full Solution ACTIVE Hy-Tek’ Swim Software: Team Manager & Meet Manager)
- Confident in using social media, responsibly, as a tool to promote learning
- Able to work with children of different age groups
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to multitask and work independently
- Confidently communicate with International School parents and staff. This will include regular public speaking, daily e-mail communication and an understanding of the International School environment.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm. In keeping with the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment, those applying for a position at the College must be willing to undergo employment background checks and screening appropriate to the post. If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you visit our website to learn more.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, please submit an application via our portal by Wednesday, 8 July 2020.
Recruitment Team1 Tampines Street 73, Singapore 528704
phone: +65 6305 5344