Applications due 07/31/19
The Lionville YMCA in Exton, PA is seeking part-time assistant swim coaches for our youth age-group swim team. Under the direction of the head swim coach, the assistant coach will lead clinics, practices, and meets, instructing and inspiring our young swimmers in a positive manner. Three evening shifts per week are required, which may range from one to three hours depending on the age group; there will also be regularly scheduled weekend meets that range from 4 to 6 hours each; and other clinics and events as may be scheduled. This position may be seasonal or year-round.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 18 years of age or older
- Swim team experience, or extensive swim instruction experience
- Current lifeguard certification (available at the YMCA)
- Proven experience working with youth ages 6-13
- Ability to relate to children, parents, off site personnel and fellow staff in a mature and sensitive way, consistent with the YMCA philosophy
- Flexible schedule
- Assist the head coach in delivering a high quality, safe, competitive swim program
- Lead specialty clinics and practices
- Assist head coach in organizing and managing swim meets
- Uphold all rules and policies of the YMCA
- Ensure the safety and well being of all participants in the group
- Maintain positive relationships with all participants, and lead with enthusiasm
- Great co-workers and members in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Free individual, or discounted family YMCA membership, with completion of new employee orientation. Membership only valid while actively employed.
- Discounts on programs, including camp, childcare, swim team, and classes. Excellent retirement savings options.
- Up to four hours of FREE Childwatch per day.
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://www.ymcagbw.org/careers?ATSPopupJob=79099
100 Devon Drive, Exton PA 19341