Applications due 12/01/20
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC, USA
Primary Responsibilities: This position is for a lead group coach as well as an assistant to the lead coaches for several other groups. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Learning the SCSC training terminiology, vocabulary and then being able to apply the lessons learned into daily practice.
- Learning the SCSC Dryland Program and then be able to effectively lead dryland sessons.
- Inspiring, dedicated coach and swimming subject matter expert
- Ability to demonstrate mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and ability to function in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to meet all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, Athlete Protection, Lifeguard, First Aid, Concussion, etc.)
- Must be able to attend all assigned team functions (practices, meets, etc)
- Must be available to travel for clinics, meets, training camps, etc.
- Be able to travel to multiple sites each week, in order to run practices.
- Emphasize proper stroke technique and understand the progression for Age Group and Senior swimming
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in a cohesive fashion, so we are able to guide swimmers throughout the program.
- Manage, observe, and constructively evaluate swimmer performance at practices and meets to enhance technique and motivation
- Meet all USA Swimming coaching requirements.
- Must be a US citizen or currently eligible to work in the US.
- Have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as Social media).
- Be able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
- Have previously developed swimmers to Age Group Championships.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-4 years competitive swim coaching experience with a USA Swimming club, and coaching membership that is in good standing with USA Swimming
- Energetic, patient, constructive, and ability to provide simple instructions
- Demonstrated the ability to work well and communicate effectively with swimmers of all ages/abilities, coaching staff, and administrators
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiasm for continuing coaching education
How to Apply
Salary and Application Requirements:
This is an hourly position which offers approximately 15 hours / week (not including swim meets). The hourly rate decided upon will be commensurate with experience.
The position shall remain open until filled.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, coaching philosophy statement, resume and contact information for 3 professional references by email to Head Coach Meredith David at [email protected]
PO Box 882
Mount Pleasant, SC 29465-0882