Applications due 02/28/21
Date posted: January 28, 2021
Location: Stadium Drive, OCBC Aquatic Centre, Singapore
PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE
Reports to the National Head Coach, as well as responsible in supporting the Vice-President (Artistic Swimming), Executive Director and the Sport Director in all matters pertaining to Artistic Swimming in Singapore. To ensure, that within the guidelines and constraints determined by Singapore Swimming Association (SSA), the National Assistant Coach will assist the National Head Coach in the pipeline development of artistic swimmers, club development, training and development of new coaches.
- Effective Relationship and communication with SSA’s Partners and Stakeholders
- To assist the National Head Coach in working closely with the SSA’s partners and stakeholders including SportSG, its affiliates, other national federations, and sponsors to ensure alignment.
- To work in collaboration with the National Head Coach on all matters pertaining to the National 13-15 age-group programme as well talent identification of swimmers into the 13-15 age-group squads. National Assistant Coach also function as the Coach of the National Team and covering the duties of National Head Coach when the National Head Coach travels overseas for competitions or on leave.
- To assist the National Head Coach to develop Artistic Swimming pipeline programmes that brings up the capability of our age-group artistic swimmers to a competent junior & senior swimmer.
- To assist the National Head Coach in mentoring and developing local club coaches (assistant & new coaches) with the ability to recruit and develop more new artistic swimmers to a level where they are competent to get into national team.
- To assist the National Head Coach in the development of the young artistic swimmers as well as to provide technical support to club coaches with the goal of enhancing swimmers’ capability.
- Communicate SSA policies to all team members (including but not limited to Team By-Laws, Anti-Doping Policy, Member Protection Policies) and complete incident reports of any breaches.
- Follow up all incidents and report to the National Head Coach & VP (Artistic Swimming) on final outcomes.
- Submission of reports for programmes and courses
- Database of clubs, club coaches and athlete data and competition results
JOB HOLDER REQUIREMENTS
- Possess relevant Artistic Swimming coaching certifications.
- Experienced in coaching artistic swimmers successfully at club level.
- Demonstrated skill in forming effective working relationships and success in managing individual and group dynamics across a range of key stakeholders.
- Has the demonstrated capacity to coordinate activities, people and resources and to maintain appropriate monitoring and controls.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of Artistic Swimming to enable understanding of specific Artistic Swimming administrative procedures and technical requirements of the athletes and coaches.
- Has the interpersonal and management skills to successfully motivate and direct athletes where relevant.
- Works effectively with people and shows respect and sensitivity to their needs.
- Demonstrates a logical approach in weighing up issues and coming to a decision.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills and able to provide reports when required.
- Demonstrates ability to handle crisis situations.
- Shows enthusiasm and preparedness to put athlete performance before personal considerations.
- Available to attend all pre-competition meetings, training camps and meets if require.
- Ability to work on weekends.
- Ability to travel overseas.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please email your resume to [email protected] . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.