Location: Minnetonka, MN, USA
Minnetonka Swim Club is a nationally competitive swim team of 300+ athletes with a rich 10 year history. Minnetonka Swim Club has achieved Level 4 Club Recognition. Minnetonka is a suburb located west of Minneapolis. The team is focused on excellence and inclusion, and institutional support that is second to none. (see Minnetonka Aquatics and Minnetonka Swim Club)
We are seeking an experienced and energized coach to lead our Junior program. As Head Junior Coach, you will be working hand in hand with the Head Coach in developing a Junior program that will create the foundation for continued senior swimming success. With strong institutional support, the Minnetonka Swim Club has resources that will help the ideal candidate reach their full potential. The successful candidate will be an ambitious, driven individual who can commit to Minnetonka Aquatic’s mission. He/she possesses a high degree of emotional maturity, able to motivate children with varied social, emotional and physical attributes, as well as foster strong communication with parents and Minnetonka Aquatics management.
- Manage the Minnetonka Junior Program including creation of seasonal competition schedules.
- Create and implement recruitment and retention strategies
- Develop training templates, schedules and additional programs
- 15-25 hours of on deck coaching per week plus participation in weekends/swim meets as required
- Implement, expand and enhance established training progressions
- Foster strong communication within Minnetonka Aquatics programs, including parents, athletes and coaches/staff
- Perform various administrative tasks relating to the team
- Salary commensurate with experience. Full time position includes excellent benefits.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of coaching experience
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming
- Collegiate swimming experience
- Working knowledge of Team Unify and Meet Manager
- Energetic, dynamic and positive leader
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiasm for continuing coaching education
How to Apply