Applications due 06/30/21
Date posted: May 28, 2021
Location: Lewisville, TX, USA
Full Time – Site – Senior Assistant Coach
Texas, Dallas/ Fort Worth (Lewisville, TX)
Lakeside Aquatic Club (Club)
Lakeside Aquatic Club is a Silver Medal Club that is a coach directed, board supported, nationally competitive swim team with 5 different locations and over 900 swimmers on the competitive, stroke, and lesson programs. Our 30-year tradition of excellence in USA Swimming is highlighted by our multi-year Gold Medal Team and top 10 Virtual Club Championship finish. Our team is focused on developing high level senior swimmers through a quality age group program focused on technique and aerobic development. LAC wants to continue to build on our tradition of being a top age group and senior program in the state of Texas. Over the last 10 years, our team has finished in the Top 5 at our Short Course and Long Course Texas Age Group Championships (TAGS), and a first place finish this last Short Course season.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and organized age group coach with the experience and expertise to direct and lead our highest level 13–14-year-olds and 11-12 year old swimmers at one of our sites. We are looking for some who is dedicated to developing a quality Senior program through an established curriculum. This coach will be working directly with our Head Coach and Site Head Age Group Coach to establish technically efficient swimmers who can compete at the state and national level.
- Run and assist with 6-8 workouts per week for approximately 25 hours a week.
- Attend 1-2 swim meets a month.
- Oversee athlete progression and coach mentorship in all competitive groups at the site.
- Assist coaching staff with administrative duties relating to the site or team as well as interactions with parents.
- Assists in managing the site in accordance with the standards and philosophy established by the Head Coach
- 4-10 years competitive coaching with a minimum of 3 years leading high level age group or senior level swimmers.
- Must be able to manage, train and engage with 20-25 swimmers in a group.
- Effectively communicate goals and swimmer progression from the age group program to the national level program to parents and swimmers.
- Must be able to foster an environment of excellence in swimming through drills, dryland, aerobic/ anaerobic training, and racing.
- Understands stroke development and advanced aerobic training for age group and senior swimmers.
Salary Min – $40,000
Full benefits package, including medical insurance, paid time off and 401K. The coach will have a full membership to ASCA and will be compensated for travel to meets. Professional (certification) costs and continuing education are covered by the club.
How to Apply
Send resume to Head Coach Jason Walter ([email protected])