Location: Bloomington, IN, USA
Indiana University is seek a Volunteer Assistant Coach to work with our men and women’s program. The Volunteer Assistant reports directly to the Head Swimming Coach, Ray Looze. Through this position, there will be opportunities to learn about coaching different groups of swimmers, recruiting, and administrative tasks in the NCAA and B1G.
The volunteer assistant coach has many opportunities to travel to dual meets, training trips, and championship competitions. Additionally, there will be time to work and interact with our professional swimmers.
- Coaching during scheduled practices
- Learning and assisting in the strength and conditioning program
- Exposure to training groups
- Use the video analysis system to work with student athletes during practice
- Recruiting Student-Athletes to the swimming program through research and our recruiting tool.
- Cultivate an understanding and compliance with all Indiana University, Big Ten, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assisting with meet entries and management
- Assisting with class conflict practices
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in swimming is required. Familiarity with collegiate swimming is preferred.
- Knowledge of the technique and training needed at the Division-1 level
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- USA swimming certifications
How to Apply
How to apply: Please send an email to Ray Looze, Head swimming Coach ([email protected]) and Blaine Nichols ([email protected]) expressing your interest in the position. Include 3 professional references, a resume, and a cover letter.