Peak Swim Team has an immediate and very unique opportunity for a positive, experienced, enthusiastic head coach to start and develop a new year-long swim team and provide our youth with a chance to compete and to love the sport and its life long lessons … All in a high-altitude, beautiful mountain community.
Peak Swim Team is a non-profit, board-governed, coach/executive director charged swim team located in beautiful Woodland Park, CO. Our brand new, year-long swim team is seeking an experienced, dedicated, positive, year-round Head Coach. We are in the start-up phase: team practice and competition beginning in the September, 2018 swim season at our wonderful new community pool (Woodland Aquatic Center). The Head Coach would be an integral leader in growing our team within our community, and naming the Head Coach is required to join the USA/CO Swimming organization. The Head Coach will design, attend and coach practices, swim meets, and Peak Swim Team events.
Please see www.peakswimteam.com for more information on Peak Swim Team.
Qualified applicants should have the following:
- Meets all USA Swimming Head Coach requirements
- USA Swimming Certified in good standing
- 3 or more years of USA Swimming club coaching experience
- Background as a competitive swimmer
- Capable of developing and working with swimmers on proper and current stroke techniques, strength conditioning, race preparedness, and goal setting
- Experience organizing and hosting successful swim meets, including software/hardware
- Knowledgeable with Team Unify and HY-TEK as well as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Strong oral, interpersonal, public speaking and written communication skills, including social media posting
- Hire, train, develop, and mentor part-time/age-group coaches
- Cultivate a culture of fun, positivity, interaction and competition that motivates swimmers to attain and surpass their goals and expectations
- Ability to positively interface with coaches, swimmers, parents, and community members
- Demonstrate a commitment to coaching the sport of swimming and continuing professional education
- Desire and ability to start-up and positively grow a USA Swimming competitive team through community relations and other means.
Being a start-up team, there are several opportunities to advance salary. Base salary is $23,000, and with incentives including size of swim team membership, ASCA certification level, longevity, individual
trainings, and more, first-year salary could exceed $37,000. If you are an experienced, positive, energizing coach who is excited about and committed to the unique challenge of starting a brand new USA Swim team, please submit resume with cover letter and certifications to: Gwynne Dawdy, Chair, [email protected]”
Please submit resume with cover letter and certifications to:
How to Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter and certifications to [email protected] See www.peakswimteam.com for more on our team
PO Box 1013, Woodland Park, CO 80866