Applications due 01/31/19
Our Olympic sized pool offers opportunities for 9-lane long course competition as well as 25m short course competitions and we host a number of local and international competitions throughout the year. Individuals must be outstanding practitioners and be able to coach across the age and ability range. We require someone who will lead by example, has the ability to provide a model of excellent practice, who is highly committed and possesses excellent organisational and communication skills. The Head Coach should demonstrate the drive and vision to continue to grow a programme that supports participation, excellence and also supports the wider aims of the Competitive Sports Programme and those of the School.
General duties and responsibilities include but are not exclusive to;
- To have overall responsibility for coaching swimming, under the guidance of the Assistant Head Sports and Activities
- Plan and conduct the daily coaching of athletes within their personal squads, in terms of technical expertise and conditioning and as per the planned programme.
- Organise and oversee team selection meetings
- Design and implement the strength training programme for squad members where and when required.
- Motivate, train and direct swimmers to acquire and maintain a level of physical fitness necessary to compete at the targeted level of competitions.
- Coordinate and ensure the attendance of athletes at training sessions and competitions.
- Provide quality coaching services and effective coordination of technical resources to swimmers enrolled in the elite swimming development programmes.
- Oversee the behaviour, discipline and actions of swimmers during practices, competitions and other organised club and school activities.
- Assist the PE Faculty with cover arrangements for absent staff teaching swimming.
- Support the teaching of swimming within the curriculum as directed by the respective Heads of PE
- Attend all major school and club swim meets where represented, and coaches conferences, as appropriate.
- In liaison with other club coaches, assist in organising the annual competition plan.
- Attend all competitions as agreed with the Head of Sport/Head of School at the commencement of each swimming season and in consultation with other coaching staff.
- Organise competition events for all age groups as deemed appropriate and in consultation with the Head of Sport
- Organise the swimming staff and other volunteers for their duties, complete necessary documentation and coordinate all necessary equipment for all competitions as appropriate.
- Inform the school community of the full swimming programme through letters, e-mails and the BSJ Bulletin, as appropriate.
- Organise and co-ordinate swimming staff for all swimming programmes and, in conjunction with the Head of PE Faculty, PE swimming lessons throughout the year.
- Keep all statistical records regarding training and competition performance throughout the season.
- Ensure clear communication exists between the coaches, parents and school in relation to the swimming programme.
- Organise a weekly coaches meeting to discuss all issues relating to the swimming programme and the swimmers.
- Create a positive and accountable work environment which promotes equality and encourages diversity.
- Supervise all squad training in the absence of other coaching staff.
- Conduct meetings with selected swimmers and parents regarding progress and other issues, as appropriate.
- Maintain records for each competition and each athlete, as appropriate
- Assist in the recruitment, coordination, organisation and education of local coaches to increase the level of proficiency and team effort.
- Hold regular parent information meetings to ensure that parents receive the appropriate amount of information pertaining to their child’s participation in swimming.
- Actively promote the well-being of all students and be familiar with, and uphold all safeguarding policies and Child Protection procedures within the school.
- In liaison with Line Manager, take responsibility for upholding Health and Safety practice within own working area and be responsible for completing risk assessments/near misses as appropriate.
How to Apply
Bintaro Sektor 9
Jl. Raya Jombang-Ciledug, Pondok Aren
Tangerang 15227, JAKARTA - INDONESIA, 15227
phone: (62-21) 745 1670