Location: 620 S Brainard Ave, La Grange, IL 60525, USA
La Grange Country Club
Head Swim Coach
Located in La Grange Illinois, La Grange Country Club was founded in 1899 and has become THE family club in the western suburbs of Chicago. The Club is privately owned and has a unique set of amenities that set’s itself apart with a brand-new aquatics center that features a 6 lane 25-meter pool, 2 diving boards and a zero depth children’s pool.
The LGCC swim team is a summer recreational swim team with a long history of success. The Stingrays compete in the oldest country club swim league (CCSL) in the nation and compete against 5 area clubs in the immediate area. We have approximately 200 swimmers ranging in age from 5 – 16 years old. Our season starts the end of May and concludes with the Championship meet the second week of July. LGCC Stingrays will be entering the 2020 season as reigning CCSL Champions.
Our current swim coach has decided to leave after the 2020 season and will provide a unique opportunity for the new coach to learn everything there is to know about our program. A successful candidate will bring passion for the sport of swimming with a desire to teach proper technique to all levels of abilities while providing over the top team spirit in a warm and fun environment.
- The head coach is expected to be available for all events including practices Monday through Friday (8:00 am – 11:00 am) as well as all swim meets.
- Attend periodic meetings and events as the season approaches with the swim committee, CCSL and Junior Sports Sign Up.
- Work closely with Assistant Coach in supervising all swim coaches preparing and executing practices and meets.
- Provide stroke technique instruction to all levels of swimmers in a fun and positive environment.
- Supervise and ensure safety for all swimmers in and around the pool.
- Create lineups and prepare all meet entries following guidelines in CCSL league by-laws.
- Maintain swimmers results in Hy-Tek.
- Communicate clearly and often with parents regarding swimmers and team matters with a minimum 12-hour response time.
- Ensure internal website is updated in a timely manner.
- Maintain a positive and supportive attitude toward coaches, swimmers and parents at all times.
- Work closely with Pool Manager, Dive Coach and Club General Manager to ensure all practices and meets are well coordinated throughout the season.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have strong organizational skills and have the ability to effectively communicate with all ages of swimmers as well as their parents.
- Ability to problem solve and act calmly and rationally in all situations
- Minimum 2-year experience as a head coach for an organized swim team.
- Knowledge in Team Unify and Hy-Tek is a positive
- Valid CPR/AED, First Aid Certification.
- Must be able to be on the pool deck for several hours during the warm months.
Date Position Available:
Salaried position: $4,000 for the first-year escalating to $6,000 for the second year.
How to Apply
Please Send Letter of Interest and Resume to:
William Duy, CCM