Date posted: July 6, 2021
Location: 11200 Southeast 6th Street, Bellevue, WA, USA
The Bellevue Club Swim Team program is searching for a Head Coach to join the team. This individual will coach and administer the Bellevue Club Swim Team program while following the goals and mission of the Bellevue Club. In addition, this role provides the leadership enabling participants to achieve their maximum potential in an enjoyable and disciplined learning/training environment as per the Bellevue Club Swim Team mission statement.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for all aspects of the BCST program, including (but not limited to) staffing, budgeting, scheduling (workouts, meets, etc.), training, performance, safety, and general welfare of participants in the program.
- Responsible for the staffing of the Bellevue Club Swim Team and all related duties: hiring, staff evaluation, training, supervising, employee salaries/wages, staff assignments (responsibilities/duties/job descriptions), bi-weekly payroll processing, etc.
- Develops the budget for the Bellevue Club Swim Team in cooperation with the BC business department and Athletic Director. Determines training fees, MEAD fees, registration fees, additional miscellaneous income, pool rental fees, coaches’ salaries and benefits, team travel expenses, staff training, and other revenues and expenses associated with the operations of the swim team.
- Plans, organizes, develops, and conducts training sessions for one or more of the BCST training groups (normally one of the Senior Groups and possibly one of the developmental groups).
- Ensures the training for all participants is appropriate, broad based and safe (utilizing the latest physiological and technical findings available) and allows swimmers to achieve their maximum potential.
- Ensures USA Swimming Policies and Procedures are implemented, and an action plan
- is in place. Trains all staff on protocols and procedures. The plan must be agreed to by all athletes, parents, coaches, and other adults at the Club. An example would be USA Swimming rule prohibiting bullying.
- Collaborates with the Aquatics Director regarding the BCST schedule in the Bellevue Club pools.
- Ensures the coaching staff conduct their group programs within the concept of the team guidelines and goals as defined by the Head Coach including maintaining detailed records of all swimmers in their logbooks (attendance, test sets, workout logs, meet participation, etc.), goal setting sessions, communication with swimmers and parents, incident reports, safety and health concerns.
- Directly supervise 5 to10 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from a four-year college in Physical Education or related field; and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience should include the coaching and administration of a swim team of 60 or more swimmers.
- LGT (Lifeguard Training),
- LGTI (Lifeguard Training Instructor),
- WSI (Water Safety Instructor),
- CPRfPR (CPR for the Professional Rescuer),
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches,
- First Aid, and ASCA Level IV certifications.
- Current Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification.
- Competitive Salary
- Company paid Medical, Dental and Vision benefits the first day of the month following 60 days of employment for employee and eligible dependents
- An outstanding employer matched 401(k) plan
- Free parking, manager discounts at Spa and Food and Beverage Outlets
- A unique, thriving, fun and busy environment with plenty of opportunities to learn/grow.
If you are looking for a fun, professional yet casual atmosphere and a great work environment, follow the link below to apply directly through our website!
*At Bellevue Club we are taking every precaution to ensure our workplace is safe. We are following federal health and safety guidelines as well as guidance from our state and local governments. In addition, we have implemented practices such as employee and member health screenings and social distancing practices to keep our workplace healthy.
How to Apply
Follow the link below to apply directly through our website!