Location: 822 18th St E, Williston, ND 58801, USA
The Williston Sea Lions (WSL) is seeking an experienced Head Coach who will be a dedicated, strong communicator and a positive motivator with exceptional leadership skills to direct the competitive swimming program in Williston, North Dakota. The Head Coach will have specific knowledge and experience in developing and growing a National program. WSL has thrived in the competitive swimming arena for over 50 years, producing quality young swimmers and quality young adults. WSL prides itself in developing the swimmer through a focus on values, sportsmanship and character development to realize their full potential. This position directs 150+ swimmers from ages 8-18, with a professional coaching staff, support from Board of Directors, and engaged parent volunteers. The next Head Coach will have the resources to continue the strong tradition established.
We are looking for specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Specific knowledge and experience in developing and growing a national and international program for swimmers
- Has successfully managed and developed a high-performance coaching team
- Promotes team spirit and good sportsmanship both on and off the deck
- Partners with and advises the Board of Directors regarding the development of the Club’s strategic objectives, club policies and governance processes
- Supports and implements Club policies as defined and directed by the Board of Directors, including such policies as they apply to SafeSport, member discipline, risk management, and fiscal responsibilities
- Provides coaching/staff oversight at pool location
- Build relationship with the pool managers, recreation center and HS program.
- Establishes and maintains practice and meet schedules on team website
- Develop, communicate, and follows an annual plan for the team
- Participate and support all team-related activities, parties, fundraisers
- Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents and swimmers.
- Promote a fun, competitive, positive team environment that is consistent with the mission and values of WSL in which all swimmers, regardless of abilities, may improve their skills
- Ensures dryland training is conducted as part of team practices
- Overseas team practices for all age groups, and the primary coach for Level 3 & Senior group
- Attend all meets, or coordinate with Head Age Group Coach, to ensure that swimmers have the necessary support
Assume responsibilities for primary team operations. These responsibilities include:
- USA Swimming SafeSport trainings for all swimmers
- Manage Coach USA Swimming credentials
- Oversight of Team Unify, including monthly swimming fees
- Facilitate fundraising and be willing to meet with sponsors
- Coordinate facility needs
- Organize and Conduct WSL-hosted meets swimmer registrations, effective parent communications, swimmer onboarding
- Promote WSL in partnership with the Board of Directors and its committees, develop programs to increase participation and membership
- Attend Board of Directors meetings
- Attend annual NDLSC meetings to represent and be an advocate for the Williston Sea Lions club
- Hiring of Coaching Staff – The Head Coach shall have full authority to hire coaching staff. Head Coach will discuss offers with either an Executive Committee member(s) or WSL Board.
- Manage the annual staffing budget and approval monthly staffing hours to Treasurer
- Supervise Coaching Staff – Ensuring Lead Coaches are preparing workouts which focus on the teaching of fundamentals, strategies, rules and proper conditioning and distributing workouts to assistant coaches per level.
- Manage Coach USA Swimming credentials
- Supervise and evaluate coaching staff. Provide yearly evaluations of staff to the WSL board
- Communicate with staff in an effective and professional manner.
The successful candidate will have:
- ASCA Level 2 or higher certification (required)
- Ability to maintain all USA Swimming coach requirements (required)
- Must pass USA Swimming and WSL background check and drug test requirements (required)
- Three or more years coaching experience with a competitive swim team in a lead role (required)
- Competitive swimming experience (required)
- College Degree (preferred)
- Experience with the Team Unify platform, Hy-Tek Software, Daktronics Timing equipment, and is generally tech savvy (required)
- Good Interpersonal, Communication, and Organizational Skills.
- Driver’s License and transportation (required)
- This is a salaried lead position with our club. Compensation will be competitive to market and will be reflective of experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Applications submitted by July 30, 2020 will receive priority review. The position shall remain open until filled.