Location: Delano, MN 55328, USA
*******THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*****
Velocity Aquatics (VCTY), a year-round competitive swim club in the western suburbs of Minneapolis-St. Paul, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Coach. The Head Coach will be responsible for leading the overall coaching strategy and vision for the club, serve as the primary coach for the Senior (“Platinum”) swim group, and perform administrative duties related to team operations.
About Velocity Aquatics:
Velocity operates out of two primary locations (Delano – “North” and Waconia – “South”) and continues to grow in swimmer counts. The club is a non-profit overseen by an elected board of directors.
Velocity has grown significantly over the past two years, after expanding to a second location. As our numbers grow, so does our competitiveness. Velocity won the Division A State Championship for the 2019 MN 14&U Long Course State Championship meet. That same summer, twelve age group swimmers qualified for the Central Zone Championship Meet in Fargo, ND. In 2020, the Velocity success continued. Two Velocity swimmers were chosen to represent Minnesota at the Mid-States All Star Championship meet in Indianapolis, IN, six swimmers qualified to swim at the NCSA National Age Group Championship meet in Orlando, FL, and another 5 were registered for Speedo Sectionals in Pleasant Prairie, WI.
When they aren’t swimming for Velocity, our swimmers represent several area high school swim teams, including Delano, Orono, Waconia, and Buffalo. Those teams are all very successful in one of the most competitive conferences in the state.
- Lead the vision and strategy for growth, along with the board of directors and lead coaches
- Maintain and increase club enrollment and participation, including participation at the highest levels of the sport. (i.e. State Championships, Age Group Zone Championships, Speedo Sectionals, Futures, Junior Nationals)
- Provide a positive, encouraging, safe, and challenging atmosphere consistent with the mission and values of Velocity in which all swimmers, regardless of abilities, may improve their skills
- Build relationships with local school districts and aquatic staffs (pool/lane rental schedules)
- Participate in club activities and social events
- Promote Velocity and, in partnership with the Board of Directors and its committees, develop programs to increase participation and membership
- Attend Velocity Board of Directors meetings, when possible or when requested by the Board
Senior “Platinum” Group Coaching Responsibilities:
- Senior “Platinum” group is defined as age 13&up and/or completed one season of HS swim
- Prepare and manage all aspects of practices for the Platinum level swimmers at the North and South pools, including daily workouts, assignment of practice groups, stroke instruction, pool preparation and dryland training
- Work collaboratively with Head Age Group Coach and other Velocity assistant coaches to provide consistent programming and experiences across all age groups and locations for Velocity swimmers and parents
- Attend all meets, or coordinate with Head Age Group Coach and other Velocity assistant coaches, to ensure that swimmers have the necessary support
- Work with Head Age Group Coach to coordinate scheduling and registration for meet events, including individual and relay event entries
- Maintain all memberships and certifications as required by USA Swimming, Minnesota Swimming, and by law
- Provide supervision and direction for assistant coaches and volunteers
- Assume responsibilities for primary team operations for North & South Locations. These responsibilities include:
- USA Swimming Registrations/Renewals for swimmers
- Manage Team USA Swimming registrations/renewals
- Manage Coach USA Swimming credentials
- Manage Team Unify, including monthly swimming fees
- Coordinate facility needs
- Organize and Conduct Velocity-hosted meets swimmer registrations, effective parent communications, swimmer onboarding
- Four-Year college degree (preferred)
- Competitive swimming experience (required)
- Three years swim coaching experience, with preferred experience in a lead role with an age group or club (required)
- Experience with dryland training and nutrition guidance (preferred)
- Knowledge and ability to use Team Unify and Hy-Tek Software programs (required)
- This is a salaried lead position with our club. Compensation will be competitive to market and will be reflective of experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Applications submitted by June 12, 2020 will receive priority review. The position shall remain open until filled.