Applications due 08/08/19
The Singapore Sports School is a Specialised Independent School that offers select youths an integrated academic and sports programme in a world-class environment.
We are seeking a Head Coach, Swimming Academy to prepare our developmental student-athletes towards national team representation at international competitions and the Major Games (Southeast Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, Asian Games, World Championships and Olympic Games).
The appointed Head Coach will be responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating the training and competition plans for the group of assigned student-athletes, including regular review meetings with each swimmer to discuss performance progress, goals and submission of relevant information to Assistant Director, Sports.
The appointed Head Coach will ensure that the plan utilise all available resources including relevant sport science services and travel to relevant domestic and international tournaments as directed.
The Head Coach will also work with the Senior General Manager to recruit suitable student-athletes, mentor the team of coaches in the Academy and establish good relationships with external stakeholders such as the Singapore Swimming Association’s High Performance Team.
The requirements are as follows:
- At least 10 years of competitive coaching experience at both developmental and elite youth level, and a proven track record of podium success at world stage
- Possess the equivalent of the SG-Coach Level 3 (Theory and Technical) and/or an international swimming coaching qualification recognised by FINA
- Fulfil requirements to obtain National Registry of Coaches membership
- A commitment to values inculcation and character development
- A deep understanding of sports development, athletes’ development pathways and Long Term Athlete Development
- Good administrative and organisational skills and be able to communicate well in English
How to Apply
If you are a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic individual with an understanding of the needs of elite student-athletes and if you want to work and excel in a challenging environment, we invite you to join us. You should forward a detailed CV with a recent photograph, stating your academic/coaching qualifications, working experience and current and expected salaries to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title on the subject heading of your email. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.