Applications due 08/15/18
• 3+ years of coaching experience (head coach experience preferred).
• Competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
• ASCA Level 2 (with a 4 year college degree) or ASCA Level 3.
• Current USA Swimming Coach Certification requirement.
• Proficiency in Hy-Tek, Meet Manager, and TeamUnify.
• Experience in supervising staff members and directing team activities, including fundraising and planning club events preferred.
The Jonesboro Jets Aquatic Club is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence through swim education, training, leadership, and character development.
We are looking for an individual who will continue to develop and maintain a competitive program that fosters growth and development of all swimmers:
• Exceptional organizational, leadership, and administrative skills.
• Lead, recruit, develop, and supervise coaching staff.
• Keep current with innovative swimming techniques and training methods.
• Passion for working with and developing swimmers of all ages.
• Love for the sport and talent to help our swimmers reach their maximum potential.
• Strong, effective communication skills with swimmers, parents, coaching staff, Board of Directors and community partners.
• Enthusiastic and motivated team player.
• Consistently evaluates and improves program with Board of Directors to ensure sustained profitability including development of team budget, fee structure, and fundraising activities.
• Collaborate and supervise coaching staff in planning travel swim meets and camps with a focus on USA Safe Sport policies.
• Work with the Board of Directors on long-term mission, vision, and strategic planning.
• Lead implementation of mission, vision, and strategic planning among coaches, athletes, and parents.
• Be a community advocate for the team and overall organization.
• Meeting attendance required with parents and the Board of Directors.
The Jonesboro Jets Aquatic Club (www.jonesborojets.com), located in Jonesboro, Arkansas, is searching for a head coach. The Jets currently has approximately 90+ swimmers from beginning level age group swimmers to swimmers competitive on the Sectional and Junior National levels. The team trains primarily at Arkansas State University and has additional community partners that provide pool availability in the summer and winter months. The Jets are a competitive year round USA swim club with a successful developmental and competitive AAU summer program. The Jets Aquatic Club is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization and is supported by a parent-run volunteer board of directors.
How to Apply
Candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 personal references relating directly to previous swim coach experience. Emails should be sent to John Rowe at [email protected]
P.O. Box 19447
Jonesboro, AR 72403
phone: (870) 926-5331
fax: (870) 926-5331