Applications due 07/05/18
- Review, coordinate and supervise workouts and practices for all training groups. Personally coaching Senior Prep, Senior and/or Senior Blue training groups.
- Determine short- and long-course meet schedules with Board approval. Complete meet entry forms, travel with swimmers to meets or ensure the availability of other coaches at meets.
- Coordinate the staffing assignments of coaches ensuring all practice sessions and meets are adequately staffed in a manner consistent with budgetary constraints.
- Supervise and mentor other club coaches.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Aquatic Facilities at State College Area School District (SCASD) and Penn State McCoy Natatorium to ensure pool availability for training and meets.
- Act as a liaison between NLAC and Middle Atlantic Swimming, attending pertinent Middle Atlantic meetings.
- Maintain NLAC’s Team Unify website, including disbursement of meet information and updating swimmers’ times.
- Maintain membership registration.
- In conjunction with Treasurer, bill and maintain record of payment.
- Attend NLAC Board meetings and report on the status of the team, staff, goals and objectives as well as hold an annual meeting with parents.
- Maintain a presence in the community to actively promote NLAC and recruit new membership.
- Work with Board and parents to generate fund raising events.
- Potential exists for joint appointment as the State College Area High School swim coach and assistant pool operator. This opportunity would involve separate application to SCASD.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing coaching philosophy, a resume and a minimum of three references to NLAC Board Secretary, Chris Finton at [email protected] The application deadline is July 5, 2018, although review of completed applications will begin upon receipt.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications. NLAC provides full reimbursement for approved swim meet expenses as well as an educational fund. A contract will be offered.
Please correspond via e-mail.