The Assistant Director reports to the Associate Director of the Aquatic Center and will have functional and administrative responsibility for the direction of the competitive swimming programs to include the MAKOS Age Group swim team & The Miami Red Fins Masters swim teams. Serves to provide program coverage, facility coverage, and supervision of special events sponsored by the MAKOS swimming program
- Required to perform duties with limited supervision and will be responsible for making significant independent decisions
- Directs swim practice execution, provides technical work direction to swim team staff, and provides real time feedback and notes suggestions and comments for their supervisor’s review
- Conduct daily facility safety assessment and take appropriate action
- Direct the Coaching staff (2-4 students)+ 1 part time assistant coach during all scheduled practices, swim meets, and extra activities (10 – 20 hours per week)
- Plans and develops season goals for the team participants and swim coaches. Develops and approves weekly workouts for all participants and manages swimmer placement for efficient programing
- Oversee progression, goal setting and monitor development and placement of all swimmers
- Instruct swimmers on proper strokes, turns, starts, and all other aspects of swimming as needed
- Assist Associate Director with the development, recommendation, and management of Age Group budgets
- Recruiting of novice swimmers and swimmer retention
- Direct and/or compile reports and proposals related to the competitive swimming programs
- Assist with facility coverage and departmental special events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 – 5 years of demonstrated experience and coaching a year round age group competitive swimming program
- 3 years of USA and/or YMCA Swimming age group coaching experience.
- Ability to obtain certification in CPR/PR, AED, First Aid, and American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches, and Principles of USA Swimming Certification and USA Swimming Level 1 certification within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to become American Red Cross Lifeguard Certified within 3 months of hire
- American Red Cross CPR/FA/LG instructor certifications, or WSIT, LGIT certifications.
- Computer experience to include Excel, Word, Colorado Timing Systems, Hytek and Team Unify.
- Current Instructor/Trainer Certification for designated program area.
- American Swim Coaches Association Level 2 certification
How to Apply
Qualified applicants must apply online through Miami University Human Resources at https://miamioh.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=5208 Please attach an electronic cover letter and resume. Applications accepted until position is filled. Preferred position start date: April 2018.
John P. Mihevic, Director Aquatic Center & Programs
John P. Mihevic
Corwin M. Nixon Aquatic Center
750 South Oak Street
Oxford, Ohio 45056