Applications due 02/15/19
Location: 13398 Springhaven Dr, Fairfax, VA 22033
The Gators have openings for their coaching staff for the summer season of 2019, including a Head Coach. The season starts with coaches training the week before Memorial Day, and the swimmers first day of practice is after school on Tuesday, May 28, 2019. The season generally ends the first weekend of August.
The Head Coach is responsible for the overall execution of the Franklin Glen Swim Team program. The Head Coach is responsible for the following duties:
- Ensure the highest level of safety is maintained at all times for the swimmers.
- Create an upbeat atmosphere in which swimmers are challenged to improve their skills while ensuring a fun experience for all participants.
- Supervise assistant coach and junior coaches as well as Gatoraides.
- Monitor numbers of swimmers in each lane to ensure the safety of the swimmers.
- Ensure the proper number of coaches and aides in each lane according to swimmers’ capabilities.
- Prepare swimmers for Saturday and Wednesday meets.
- Mentor the assistant coach, junior coaches and Gatoraides.
- Attend all meets, including Time Trials, A & B Meets, Divisionals, All Stars, Relay Carnival and others that may be added to the schedule.
- Attend all Gator social events.
- Create an environment of “Gator Spirit” at practices and meets.
- Communicate regularly with the Board (provide status updates to the Board President via weekly sit-down meetings).
- Communicate regularly with parents.
- Work with the webmaster to understand, manage and apply the current swim program to maximize efficient operations.
- Ensure DQs are properly explained to swimmers prior to the next swim meet.
- Coordinate and delegate coaching coverage such that there is adequate coverage across all swimmer age groups and abilities.
- Attend June, July, and August board meetings as necessary.
How to Apply
If interested, please complete the application found at https://www.teamunify.com/reccslfgg/__doc__/fg_coaches_application_2019.docx
Please have applications submitted via email to [email protected].