Applications due 09/30/23
Date posted: September 8, 2023
Location: 14700 Oka Road, Los Gatos, CA, USA
Los Gatos Swim Club is looking an assistant Swim Coach to help with its swim program. Applicants should be energetic, enthusiastic, and comfortable interacting with parents and other staff on a daily basis. We run a year round program as well as a summer league team
We Are Looking For Candidates Who Possess:
- Previous coaching/strong swimming experience, Coaching certification or willingness to become certified.
- Knowledge of proper swimming technique and fundamentals
- Extraordinary organizational and communication skills
- Positive outgoing personality and patience
- Experience planning workouts and preparing swim meet lineups
SWIM COACH JOB DESCRIPTION
Status: Part-time Hourly 3:00pm-7:00pm or 3:00pm-5:30pm
Start Date: end of August
Compensation: Hourly depending on experience
Job Purpose: Lead and work with the Head Swim Team Coach and members during practices and swim meets and perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Results:
- Responsible for assisting in all levels of the program.
- Conduct swim team practice in a safe, friendly and competitive environment.
- In the Head Coaches absence, oversee all aspects of the program.
- Assists with Administration and conducting of swimming meets
- Assist in development and implementation of seasonal training plans for all age groups.
- Assist in planning and running of social events.
- Promotes swim team participation
- Prevents accidents and eliminates or minimizes hazardous situations.
- Responds quickly to all emergency situations and administers any first aid needed by the victim of an accident.
- Observes and enforces all rules and regulations of the facility
- Knowledge of Valley Aquatic League rules and ensures that all members are swimming according to league rules.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Arrives promptly to work
Physical Demands of Position:
- Standing and walking 95% of shift.
- Lifting items 5-51 pounds during daily routine.
- Ladder climbing. Stairs up and down. Bending, stooping, stretching, kneeling, twisting, turning, gripping and grasping.
- Exposure to weather conditions.
- Repetitive arm and shoulder use. Wrist (right or left) for tool use.
- Exposure to chemicals, inhalation and skin contact.
- Pushing and pulling. See hear, smell, talk. Basic math and writing skills.
How to Apply
Applicants please send resume to Shelbi Oskolkoff-Campbell at [email protected]
14700 Oka Road Los Gatos