Applications due 08/15/22
Date posted: July 11, 2022
Location: Worcester, MA, USA
Greenwood Swimming in Worcester, MA is in search of an Assistant Swim Coach that will begin in September of 2022. Greenwood trains out of the Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) pool. This position will be responsible for coaching swimmers of all ages and working closely with the Head Coach. The candidate will be passionate about coaching, looking to develop their skills, and willing to collaborate. The candidate is also a family-minded person, who knows the importance of community and a family-like team atmosphere.
Applicants must be non-athlete members of USA Swimming and obtain coaching credentials in good standing (pass background check, CPR/First Aid certification, USA swimming coaching courses, etc.). Ideal candidate has a competitive swimming background and 1+ years of coaching experience.
– Coach up to 25 hours a week of practice between all groups Monday through Friday and Saturday mornings
– Able to coach on weekends for all meets throughout the season (1-2 per month)
– Able to travel, in and out of state, for competitions when required
– Assist Head Coach in coaching the National/Gold group (~13 and over)
– Write workouts daily with assistance from Head Coach for Bronze/Silver groups (~12 and under)
– Has knowledge of swimming specific dryland workouts
– Understand a season training plan
– Cultivates a positive and safe environment for all participants
– Great written and verbal communication skills
– Communicates with prospective swimmers and parents on the program
– Maintains a safe, clean and organized pool area
Additional paid coaching opportunities through masters coaching available and ability to volunteer coach with DIII WPI Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving.
Hourly pay commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Head Coach, Robert Owen ([email protected])