- Sport specific athletic interns will serve as an assistant coach, reporting to the head coach of their respective sport(s). Responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching/teaching, recruiting, team travel, weekly practice sessions, community service, academic enrichment, counseling of students, and other duties assigned by the Athletic Administration.
- Interns for positions combined with Athletic Event Operations will serve as a member of the Events Operations Team, attending regular weekly meetings. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: participating in all aspects of Events Operations, including setup, staffing, breakdown, and logistics of intercollegiate competitions and events; assist the Events Operations Team in coordinating and maintaining its transportation fleet.
- Interns for positions combined with Equipment Coordinator will also assist Equipment manager in maintenance, inventory, and issuance of uniforms and equipment for the Department; supervise work-study students on Equipment Staff.
- Intern for Sports Information will serve to assist Director of Sports Information in a number of capacities; preparing news releases and feature articles highlighting intercollegiate athletics, and maintain athletics records and statistical files. Additionally, the intern may update the Regis College Athletics website, promote athletes and the department for regional and national honors, develop and coordinate media coverage for all home events, and manage the social media for the Department of Athletics.
- Intern for Athletic Administration – Coordinator for Athletics Events Operations will focus on responsibilities related to the day-to-day event operations within the Department of Athletics, including, but not limited to; facility scheduling, coordinating officials, game day protocol and staffing, transportation needs, and other tasks assigned by the Athletics Administration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Head Coach for the specific sport with the organization and administration of the competitive program, with attendance at all practices, games, and official team events throughout the academic year.
- Assist the Head Coach in the recruitment of student-athletes.
- Assist the Head Coach in any video editing/exchange needs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program to raise funds necessary to offset expenses associated for non-budgeted expenses and training trip as appropriate.
- Assist in the organization of community service projects for the team members to complete per the mission of the NCAA, the Regis Athletic Department and Regis College.
- Assist in the implementation and supervision of team-specific academic enrichment programming
- Evidence a thorough understanding of the rules and regulations governing the specific sport competition at the collegiate level, and adhere to the rules and standards established by Regis College, the Great Northeast Athletic Conference, the ECAC and the NCAA (Division III).
- Participate in Athletic Department staff meetings, functions and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or Athletics Administration.
- The Graduate Intern will comply with University rules and regulations.
- Serve as a member of the Intern On-Call (IOC) rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree required; admission to one of Regis’ College’s graduate programs.
- Prior successful playing or coaching experience at the college level preferred; significant successful high school or club experience considered.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer literacy and strong interpersonal skills to work with various college constituencies.
- The ability to work a flexible and irregular schedule.
- Works well as a team member or independently
- Excels in prioritizing multiple tasks with attention to detail, problem solving and follow-through to consistently meet expectations and deadlines.
- Appropriate certifications in First Aid / CPR and AED are required within an appropriate time of hire and must be completed (per NCAA regulations) before the beginning of the competitive season.
- Must hold valid driver’s license.
- Previous experience in athletics a plus.
- Ability to work with students and diverse constituencies.
- A positive attitude and an understanding of the importance of being open-minded and flexible.
- NOTE: This is a 10-month position, with the opportunity to continue the position for one additional 10-month term (2 academic year maximum)
- Room and Board (full meal plan) during the 10-month duration.
- Tuition remission for two (2) Regis graduate courses/semester, with a maximum of six graduate courses (18 credits) per academic year (Note: Courses in the graduate Nursing, Applied Behavioral Analysis, Counseling Psychology, Occupational Therapy, and Doctor of Education programs are not eligible for tuition remission).
- Training and professional development opportunities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position may provide support and supervision to undergraduate work-study students.
- Conditions include a normal office environment, not subject to extremes in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
- Evening and weekend work is to be expected.
- May spend extended periods at terminal, on telephone, or operating other office machines, requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity
How to Apply
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to the Associate Director of Athletics at [email protected]. Please reference the specific position title for the job you wish to apply for in the subject of the email.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Contact: Athletics Regis College
Phone: (781) 768-7050
Email Address: [email protected]
phone: (781) 768-7050