Applications due 12/08/21
Date posted: November 22, 2021
Location: 2850 Mapleton Avenue, Boulder, CO, USA
The YMCA of Northern Colorado is seeking an experienced full-time leader to serve as Executive Director of Competitive Swimming. You will develop and direct all facets of our competitive swim programs. Our new leader will establish strong, strategic relationships with current and prospective partners inside and outside the Y. As our YMCA grows and expands our aquatic programming, you’ll continue to build bridges to ensure all segments of our community have access to the Y.
The Executive Director of Competitive Swimming will also work with our Aquatics Program Directors to support pre-competitive team and assistant coach development at each branch. In addition, the position will work closely with our marketing and communications professionals to spearhead recruitment and retention efforts for our swim teams and coaches. Are you interested in working with us to build the premier competitive swim program in Northern Colorado?
You might be the right candidate if…
You are ready to dive in and bring outstanding competitive swimming to Northern Colorado. You care. Like, really care. You want to make a positive difference in the lives of many. You are an organized problem-solver who has ideas and the skills to turn those ideas into realities. You have a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality programs for multiple locations combined with the ability to manage the training and administrative components of the job. You are neither doormat nor dictator, and your happy demeanor combined with your strong leadership skills allow you to supervise, teach, nurture and encourage our staff with a balance of empathy, accountability, role modeling and hands-on work.
The Executive Director of Competitive Swimming :
- Develops, directs and supervises programs activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Monitors daily operations to adhere to all YMCA health and safety standards and policies.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs swim team personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations.
- Maintains regular and timely communications with supervisor, other Y employees, parents, coaches, other community members and organizations.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Establishes new program activities and expands competitive swim programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Purchases and maintains equipment, parts and supplies as needed. Coordinates and schedules equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of program budget to meet fiscal objectives and takes appropriate action to correct variances. Completes all weekly and monthly paperwork in accordance with association policy.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Assists with Program Committee meetings as needed.
- Participates in required Manager on Duty shifts.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, business or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience coaching competitive swimming
- Knowledge and experience required to manage competitive swim team program of 250 swimmers, hiring and supervision of assistant coaches, competitive swimming equipment and facilities, training and competition and the ability to work harmoniously with the Swim Team Parents Organization leadership and volunteers.
- Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- YMCA Multi-Team or Branch Leader certification preferred.
- The incumbent must be currently certified in First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Safety training for Swim coaches. Preferred certifications include YMCA Lifeguard, Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving.
Hiring Salary Range: $60,000-$68,000/year This position is year-round, full-time exempt and includes generous medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability insurance options, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, free YMCA family membership, 50% reduced rates on YMCA of Northern Colorado programs including personal training, after school programs, preschool childcare, day camp programs and more. We provide contributions of 10% of your salary to the YMCA Retirement Fund for eligible staff.
To protect our community, all full-time staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to hire.
We were founded as the Young Men’s Christian Association in 1844. But today, we are The Y, an association that values, and is made stronger by, its diverse people. At the YMCA of Northern Colorado, we are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religious affiliation.
How to Apply
View all open positions and apply online at https://www.ymcanoco.org/.