Location: 590 Rathburn Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9C 3T3, Canada
*****THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED******
The Etobicoke Swim Club (ESWIM) invites applications for the permanent, full-time position of Head Coach beginning in August 2020. ESWIM has established the premier development program for Age Group swimmers in Canada, as evidenced by our multiple Provincial and National championship titles over many years. We are looking for a candidate who can uphold this tradition of excellence and achievement, one whose experience can augment our collective athletes’ potential for success.
The Etobicoke Swim Club takes pride in its well-deserved reputation for the outstanding quality of our swimmer development program which has trained multiple swimmers to compete at Olympic and Junior Olympic Games, FINA World Championships, Commonwealth Games, Pan Pacific Championships, World SC Championships, Junior World Championships and Junior Pan Pacific Championships. Some notable accomplishments of our program:
- 2 Long Course World Record holders
- 31 Olympians
- 9 Senior National Records
- 300 National Age Group Records, more than any other club in the country
- 65 current National Age Group Records. Four times more than any other Canadian club
- 203 of 292 current Provincial Age Group and Open records
We are seeking a Head Coach who can build on the established culture of our club, continue our tradition of developing internationally competitive athletes, mentor professional colleagues, act as a club ambassador in the community, possess strong technical knowledge, and lead a program that enables all of the club’s swimmers to realize their full potential.
We are looking for an experienced Head Coach who will be a dedicated, strong communicator and a positive motivator with exceptional leadership skills. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Demonstrates excellence in developing international-level swimmers
- Has successfully managed and developed a high-performance coaching team
- Promotes team spirit and good sportsmanship both on and off the deck
- Partners with and advises the Board of Directors regarding the development of the Club’s strategic objectives, club policies and governance processes
- Supports and implements Club policies as defined and directed by the Board of Directors, including such policies as they apply to team wear, member discipline, risk management, and fiscal responsibilities
- Holds a Canadian NCCP Level 3 accreditation or equivalent, NLS and First Aid certifications, and can provide a current vulnerable sector screening (VSC Certificate)
The Etobicoke Swim Club aims to provide every swimmer with the opportunity to achieve their best at all levels of competition while inspiring, developing, and creating life-long skills both in and out of the pool. The successful candidate will demonstrate dedication, professionalism and above all else, a commitment to excellence.
A competitive salary will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience. Please submit applications consisting of a cover letter, resumé with references, and statement of coaching philosophy to ESWIM via email at [email protected]. All submissions will be kept in the strictest confidence. Please note that we will only respond to those applications selected for further consideration.
How to Apply
Please submit applications consisting of a cover letter, resumé with references, and statement of coaching philosophy to ESWIM via email at [email protected]. All submissions will be kept in the strictest confidence. Please note that we will only respond to those applications selected for further consideration.