Applications due 08/30/18
POSITION: The Edina Swim Club (ESC), is a level 4, Silver medal club located in Edina, MN. ESC is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Age Group Coach. This will be a leadership role in our Age Group Program. This position reports directly to the Edina Swim Club Head Coach. Start date is August 1, 2018 and minimum ASCA Level 3 certification.
BACKGROUND: The Edina Swim Club trains at three 50 Meter facilities during the summer months and out of six different 25 Yard facilities throughout the year. The club hosts 6 meets during a normal swim year. Edina is located in Hennepin County just southwest of Minneapolis. The Edina Gators enjoy a reputation of success, both locally and nationally, and is recognized for its perennial leadership in Minnesota. Edina High School has won 24 high school Swimming Championships between both the girls and boys teams. Edina’s strong recruiting base and community support allows them to provide financially attractive and competitive coaching opportunities unmatched in the Midwest.
PHILOSOPHY: Edina Swim Club’s mission: The Edina Swim Club prepares swimmers of various abilities to achieve the highest level of the sport. Edina Swim Club combines fun and hard work in a team-building atmosphere that produces long-term success for its athletes in the pool and as good citizens. To learn more about EDI, go to edinaswim.com.
- Design quadrennial and seasonal plans for Age Group and Developmental programs
- Plan Meet Schedules, Assistant and lead coaching practice and meet schedules, pool schedules
- Execute strong communication skills with all age group members: newsletters, emails listing deadlines and special events on a bi-monthly basis.
- Complete all daily work-outs on the OnDeck Application and maintain group attendance records
- Responsible for meet entry deadlines, posting meet information, and all age group entries
- Responsible for communicating group move ups at the end of each season
- Mentor and Manage all lead and assistant age group coaches
- Update TeamFeed on the OnDeck app – weekly(min)
- Social Media updates
- Responsible for weekly age group staff meetings
- Responsible for maintaining certifications and managing all staff certifications
- Schedule and perform all annual evaluations for age group staff
- Responsible for hiring all age group staff
- Maintain daily office hours in addition to coaching responsibilities
- Four-year College Degree (Required)
- Competitive Swimming Experience (Required)
- Ten years Swim Coaching Experience with at least five years in a leadership role (Required)
- Have experience in dryland training for long-term athletic development (Required)
- Have a working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek Software (Required)
- Must be current in all requirements to be a USA Swimming member coach or ability to become certified within 2 months of hire. (Required)
- Candidates must possess integrity, strong communications skills; and a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
- This is a Full-time position. Competitive pay for this position will range from 50,000 + commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
APPLICANTS: Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume with references to:
Jeffrey Rodriguez: [email protected]
Jeff Rodriguez (Head Coach/CEO)