Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit quality student-athletes who qualify academically and have proven swimming ability and attitude to participate and compete at the highest level.
- Develop a recruiting strategic plan that includes contact timing and frequency, unofficial and official visit goals, and the performance level(s) of prospects to be recruited that are consistent with the programs goals.
- Organize and assist with recruiting efforts, mailings, emails, personal notes and phone calls to both potential student athletes and club/high school coaches.
- Scout talent in person and from videos sent. Record good recruiting notes and ratings into database.
- Arrange details for official and unofficial visits, and disseminate the information in a detailed itinerary.
- Be familiar with admissions and eligibility procedures, and work with all the proper parties to make sure those procedures are being followed.
- Document all recruiting activities promptly using JumpForward.
- Be responsible for all NCAA rules, regulations, changes and successful completion of the coach’s certification test.
- Do all of the above within the given recruiting budget.
- Present the University of Miami in the most positive manner.
- Assist the head coach with coaching of all student athletes.
- Assist in planning and implementation of overall training plan and individual practices.
- Submit practices to the head coach as specified.
- Organize and implement land training program for student athletes in conjunction with the strength and conditioning coach(es).
- Provide appropriate guidance for student-athletes, and be knowledgeable of the resources available for them in the athletic department and throughout campus.
- Help administer team rules and policies.
- Support and enforce the head coach’s philosophy.
- Home and away competition duties as specified.
- Coach student-athletes during off-season and summer in accordance with NCAA, ACC and University of Miamirules and regulations.
- Maintain a current USA Swimming coach’s certification, which requires current CPR, First Aid and Coach’s Safety Training certification
- Coordinate practice times for visiting teams and for us when we travel.
- Responsible for all team travel logistics with the help of the University of Miami travel coordinators.
- Develop detailed itineraries for our away trips.
- Maintain student-athlete time management calendars using TeamWorks.
- Submit all countable athletic required activities (CARA), and monitor all RARA activities using TeamWorks.
- Promptly submit all appropriate compliance paperwork, and keep record of all compliance communication.
- Submit accurate business reports promptly following travel.
- Submit all purchase orders and work with the business department to follow necessary procedures for purchase of services and equipment not purchased by the equipment room staff.
- Assist with record keeping and paperwork regarding student-athletes (class schedules, parent contacts, equipment sizes, best times, practice results, etc).
- Assist with supervision of managers and volunteers.
- Work with Event Operations staff to make sure all home competition logistics are solidified (Event files, officials, pool deck set-up, competition course set-up, announcers, music, etc).
- Work with Equipment Room staff and Adidas representatives to order apparel (land and aquatic) for student-athletes and staff.
- Organize logistics of team banquet and assist with all team functions.
- Know inventory of administrative supplies and forward orders as needed.
- Keep aquatic equipment organized, know inventory and forward orders as needed.
- Keep team lounge tidy.
- Liaison between academic advisor and student-athletes.
- Monitor facilities and equipment to provide a safe and professional environment, and communicate with proper facilities staff members promptly to rectify any issues.
- Maintain CSCAA membership.
- Submit All-American and Academic All-American nominations.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with NCAA, Atlantic Coast Conference, institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
- Keep the Head Coach informed with everything involved with all aspects of the swim team.
- Maintain good working relationships with co-workers and other University of Miami staff.
- Act professionally at all times and serve as a positive representative of the University of Miami, both in person and through social media.
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree required
- USA Swimming coaching certification
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Two years of coaching experience is required, Division I preferred.
How to Apply
Apply online. Position #P100002701
5821 San Amaro Drive