Applications due 07/15/18
Location: Richmond, VA, USA
This position is responsible for assisting with all phases of the Division I Women’s Swimming program at the University of Richmond. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching and student-athlete skill development, recruiting, administrative tasks related to the operation of the program, and providing a positive collegiate experience for student-athletes.
- Support and assist the head coach in the development of a sports program that challenges student-athletes to succeed individually and as a team within the structure of the Department of Athletics.
- Effectively recruit student-athletes that can be successful within the team system developed by the head coach.
- Demonstrate a commitment to assisting student-athletes achieve academic success.
- Assist the head coach in managing various administrative tasks related to the operation of the program such as budget management and coordination of team travel.
- Comply with NCAA, conference, and University of Richmond regulations.
- A thorough knowledge of applicable NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all applicable NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in coaching Women’s Swimming is required.
- Ability to lead and motivate student-athletes is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of social media is preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience coaching on the collegiate level is highly desirable.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; master’s degree is preferred.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week; occasional nights & weekends
Pay Grade 3
To see more detailed salary information please review the University of Richmond’s Compensation Structure.
Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. Richmond offers a unique combination of undergraduate and graduate programs. Our School of Arts & Sciences anchors Richmond as a nationally ranked liberal arts university. A ranked business school, the nation’s first school of leadership studies, a highly respected law school, a nationally recognized international education program and the community-focused School of Professional and Continuing Studies build on that strong foundation and make this university something unique.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
How to Apply