Applications due 03/15/22
Date posted: March 1, 2022
Location: 900 Lake Carolina Drive, Columbia, SC, USA
ASSISTANT SWIM TEAM DIRECTOR
Position / Summary
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Focusing primarily on the Jeep Rogers Family YMCA site, the Assistant Swim Team Director will assist the Swim Team Director in oversight of the development, organization, and implementation of high quality Swim Team programming for all program sites.
Job Type (FT/PT): FT
Branch Location: Jeep Rogers YMCA and NorthWest YMCA
- Develops, implements, supervises, and evaluates swim team activities and administrative functions as assigned.
- Assists in hiring, developing, scheduling, and evaluating swim team personnel.
- Coordinates and attends association swim team practices and swim meets.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and timely records of all swimmers, including registration, attendance, skills, and achievements.
- Communicates effectively with parents and swimmers about skill improvement, practice requirements, meet schedules, and other details.
- Assists in coordinating swim team volunteer involvement.
- Promotes safety, maintains order and enforces rules during practices and meets to ensure swimmer safety and respect.
- Carries out assigned administrative functions.
- Organizes or participates in Y activities, such as staff meetings, training, special events, and fundraising.
- Creates an encouraging learning environment through personal enthusiasm and positive team spirit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two or more years of lead-coach experience of 1 or more swim groups. Will consider those with non-lead experience who have coached with a “higher caliber” team and worked with 2 or more swim groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, or acceptable combination of experience and education.
- Current certifications in place within 30 days of hire: * Child Abuse Prevention; * Curent USA Swimming Coach Certification; * Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Current certification with 60 days of hire: * YMCA Swimming & Diving Coach Certification; * ASCA Level 1.
- Ability to work effectively with swimmers, staff, and volunteers.
- Possess working knowledge and demonstrated success related to competitive swim techniques and training methods.
- Ability to mentor age group coaches in teaching stroke technique.
- Commitment to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekdays and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to travel between program sites and to/from swim meets is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, and depth perception.
- Travel between program sites and to/from swim meets is required.
Email Cover Letter, Resume, and References to: [email protected]
How to Apply
Email Cover Letter, Resume, & References to: [email protected]