Applications due 11/02/20
Location: 200 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA, USA
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Assistant Swim Coach is responsible for providing coaching for swim team and stroke school; maintaining a safe and effective learning environment while focusing on the fulfillment of clients’ swimming goals; achieving personal revenue goals; and providing the best customer service and hospitality to members and guests.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide coaching for swim team and stroke school; provide specific and corrective feedback to each child at each session
- Design and deliver effective, consistent, and rewarding sessions and workouts
- Provide feedback to help parents decide which program is best for their child and client retention
- Maintain accurate, current records on all clients’ progress
- Follow swim school progression guidelines
- Recruit new swimmers to join swim team and stroke school programs
- Enforce all pool rules and aquatics center and club policies
- Maintain a consistent work schedule; arrive punctually for sessions
- Provide excellent communication with the parents of swimmers as well as all members and staff
- Track each client’s sessions and payments
- Accurately enter and maintain consistent timely records in the required systems for hours worked and sessions
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and trainings
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the aquatics center
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow through and response
- Assist with special club projects, events and promotions
Corporate Goals & Objectives
- Promote the company’s safety goals and actively work towards ensuring a safe working environment.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Actively further corporate objectives and continuously support improvement and positive change, which includes participating on corporate designated committees to improve the company and business operations.
Make professional development a consistent priority.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, & EDUCATION
- Current Lifeguard/CPR/AED – for adult, infant, toddlers
- Understand the current best practices in learn-to-swim skills, competitive swim techniques and childhood development
- Experience teaching Swim Lessons for all ages
- Experience in Competitive Swimming as a participant or a coach
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques.
- Problem Anticipation/ Deductive Reasoning — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information.
- Computer – Ability to develop and maintain computer records in Word, Excel and other software required by TBCC.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions.
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and readily able to adjust to changes in work environment.
- Position requires daily public contact.
- It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations.
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
- Must occasionally talk and hear
- Must frequently move 10 pounds and in the event of an emergency lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required but this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- It is necessary for the position to travel independently to swim meet locations or Clubs on a regular basis.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Laszlo Perlaky at [email protected]
200 Redwood Shores Parkway