Date posted: July 1, 2021
Location: Knoxville, TN, USA
FULL TIME SALARIED ASSISTANT COACH.
Prime Aquatics is located in the Southeastern LSC. The team operates in a 8 lane 25 meter pool during the winter season and a 7 lane 50 meter pool during the summer season. Seeking a qualified assistant swim coach to join our established team.
Prime Aquatics is looking for a confident coach with strong leadership skills to motivate and enhance our program. The ideal candidate is passionate about working with swimmers ages 5 to 18 and is comfortable coaching all skill levels. This coach should have good decision-making skills that are in the best interest of the athlete and the program and be able to create a safe and positive environment for our athletes to reach their potential. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Essential Job Functions:
The Assistant Swim Coach is on deck coaching for multiple squads ranging in age from 5-18 years, 6 days per week. Additional meet and travel time both locally and nationally as needed and outlined by the head coach. Administrative duties will include consistent and timely communication with all swimmers and their families, squad management, new athlete registration, event planning and utilization of software systems (MS office, Team Unify, HyTek). The Assistant Swim Coach will plan their squad’s seasonal practices, meets, travel, dryland training, athlete education and their own professional development with the guidance of the Head Swim Coach.
- Requires Current Coach Member in good standing with USA Swimming and Lifeguard Certification, USA Swimming background check, and Athlete Protection Training.
- Preferred 3 years swim coaching experience and a passion for the sport along with professional drive.
- Experience coaching novice through championship age group swimmers.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years related work experience.
- Cooperative and respectful communication style.
- Strong organizational, administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Well-versed in Team Unify, Hy-Tek, Team Manager and Meet Manager software systems, along with a working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Able to work seamlessly with all coaches to ensure that athletes 15 & under are being prepared for long-term progression through the team.
- Preference given to swim experience at a college level.
How to Apply
Apply by email to: [email protected]