Location: Fairfax, VA, USA
Assistant Coach, Men & Women Swimming & Diving
George Mason University Intercollegiate Athletics invites applications for an Assistant Coach, Men & Women Swimming & Diving. This is a full-time, 12-month position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
George Mason University is a member of the Atlantic 10 Conference (A-10).
Teaching and Coaching:
- Utilize sound teaching techniques in the conduct of game preparation and practice sessions;
- Assist in making strategic decisions in contest situations;
- Effectively prepare and organize preseason, in-season, and postseason conditioning programs and practice sessions;
- Oversee the strength and conditioning development of the athletes;
- Assist the Head Coach in the evaluation of the student-athlete; and
- Be aware and maintain a safe and healthy environment for the student-athlete.
Department, University, Conference and NCAA Compliance:
- Abide by and promote the aims, goals and objectives established by the Athletic Director and Head Coach;
- Abide by and promote the policies, guidelines, rules, regulations and criteria established by the Athletic Director and Head Coach for the student-athlete;
- Know, understand, abide by and assure that the student-athletes abide by all the university, A-10, and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules and regulations;
- Be aware and abide by the rules of confidentiality (Buckley Amendment);
- Follow the administrative procedures established by the university and department policies and procedures manual; and
- Assist Head Coach in developing and implementing the overall recruiting strategy to effectively recruit the best student-athlete within the admissions, financial and regulatory constraints established by the university, A-10 and NCAA.
Act as team liaison to:
Equipment Office staff to order, monitor and control all team equipment; and
Business Office on program operations, logistics, planning and team travel.
Participate in fundraising efforts and special events.
- Advanced degree or a combination of training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree;
- Demonstrated experience coaching at the college level and/or professional experience in the field of swim and dive; and
- Must be knowledgeable of and adhere to NCAA, conference and state rules and regulations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA857z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by September 4, 2019; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply