Crown City Aquatics Club is seeking a qualified part-time Assistant Coach for the current 2018 swim season. Coaches will be working with our Development Group, which consists of swimmers between the ages of 5-10.
This is an hourly position with work opportunities between 5 to 10 hours per week.
We are looking for a coach who excels at teaching good technique, conducting organized and engaging practices, and communicating with swimmers and parents. Coach candidates must be knowledgeable and passionate about working with young swimmers.
Their focus will be on creating and implementing a program designed to introduce and properly instruct the basic principles of competitive swimming to the introductory swimmers of our program. Coach candidates will work in partnership with the Head Coach and other assistant coaches to ensure a true progression in the development of our swimmers.
Coach candidates are expected to be available for all practices for their assigned practice group, ranging from 5 to 6 practices per week. Coach candidates should also be available to attend meets (Saturday and Sunday) an average of once per month.
Coach candidates need to be certified with USA Swimming and have their Red Cross lifeguarding certification or be willing to do so within 30 days of being hired. Coach candidates are required to undergo a background screen before they are hired.
Hours: Monday – Friday evenings and possibly Saturday mornings / Availability on meet weekends (5-12 hours per week as needed)
Location: Rosemead Aquatic Center
Starting Date: ASAP
Pay: Hourly – highly competitive; negotiable based on qualification and experience.
Club Description: Crown City Aquatics Club is a highly competitive USA Swimming team. We are an organization dedicated to inspire and work with athletes to be the best self they can be. Our vision is to have every swimmer going through our program influence society in a productive and positive way. Crown City Aquatics Club (soon to be Rosemead Rapids) train at the Rosemead Aquatic Center located at 9155 Mission Drive in Rosemead, CA.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, plan, and run practices for swimmers 5-10 years olds in line with the club direction.
- Work under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Attending all practices and scheduled meets as needed .
- Assist other coaches as needed.
- Staying up to date with the latest science, technology, and procedures of USA Swimming.
- Previous competitive swimming/ coaching experience preferred.
- Must have all USA Swimming certifications and coaching requirements or be able to obtain within 30 days of being hired.
- Mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality and the ability to function effectively in a multitask environment.
- Ability to work well and effectively communicate with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff.
- Be energetic, prompt, reliable, and willing to learn
How to Apply
Interested coaches can send their resume to Scott Watanabe, Head Coach, at [email protected].
Crown City Aquatics Club is committed to diversity in the workplace, and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, nationality, sexual preference or religious beliefs. For more information about our club, visit us online at www.crowncityaquatics.org