Applications due 12/15/21
Date posted: November 22, 2021
Location: 2800 Dagny Way, Lafayette, CO, USA
You know some members are training for their 10th triathlon while others are stepping into the water for the first time. Either way, you can’t wait to welcome them to the Y and show them how we can help.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
- One to two years related experience preferred
- Minimum age of 21
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Working with Program Volunteers; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Bilingual-English and Spanish- preferred
- Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications:
- CPR and First Aid
- Lifeguard, CPR, AED, First Aid and O2 certification
- Lifeguard Instructor certification
- Certified Pool Operator
- Swim Lesson Instructor
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans set by the Branch Executive Director and the YMCA.
- Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance.
- Implement strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
- Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, certification classes and swim team practices and meets.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Provides data and reports as required for assigned programs.
- Participates in required Manager on Duty shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $45,000/yr. These positions are year-round, full-time exempt and includes generous medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability insurance options, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, free YMCA family membership, 50% reduced rates on YMCA of Northern Colorado programs including personal training, swim lessons, after school programs, day camp programs and more. We provide contributions of 10% of your salary to the YMCA Retirement Fund for eligible staff.
View all opportunities and apply online at https://www.ymcanoco.org/careers.
To protect our community, all full-time staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to hire.
We were founded as the Young Men’s Christian Association in 1844. But today, we are The Y, an association that values, and is made stronger by, its diverse people. At the YMCA of Northern Colorado, we are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religious affiliation.
How to Apply
View all openings and apply online at https://www.ymcanoco.org/careers.