Date posted: November 18, 2021
Location: 125 West 14th Street, New York, NY 10011, USA
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The McBurney YMCA is seeking an Aquatics Coordinator who will assist the Aquatics Director in providing direction and leadership to the Aquatics Department and following all YMCA and Department of Health aquatic standards to maintain safety for all aquatic programs in and around the swim area.
- Follow YMCA Lifeguard Rescue Ready and YMCA Swim Instructor Ready protocols.
- Enforce aquatics safety rules consistently and fairly.
- Assist the Aquatics Director with recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating all aquatic staff.
- Assist the Aquatics Director with scheduling staff and programs.
- Assist with developing, implementing, tracking and controlling the department budget, in accordance with Branch and Association Guidelines.
- Assist with reviewing program capacity and scheduling regarding efficiency and revenue.
- Adhere to Association Aquatic Safety Standards and Guidelines.
- Know and understand the Emergency Action Plan and Emergency Evacuation Routes of the facility.
- Maintain positive relationships with members and staff.
- Serve as a role model, to promote and demonstrate a professional demeanor to other aquatics staff.
- Maintain certifications required for position.
- Attend mandatory in-service training on a monthly basis and assist the Aquatics Director in running the in-service training.
- Act as Manager on Duty for branch.
- Must attain the YMCA Lifeguard certification within 90 days of hire and YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification within 120 days of hire.
- Must attain YMCA Aquatics Supervisor (YLINK) within 180 days of hire.
- Must attain PHTA Certified Pool Operator or equivalent within 1 year of hire.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness. Responsible for recertification before expiration.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Other activities and duties that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associates degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience supervising lifeguards and swim instructors.
- Must be 21 years old or older.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard certification or equivalent.
- Current YMCA Swim Lessons certification or equivalent.
- Current Basic Life Support, First Aid and Emergency Oxygen.
- Demonstrate swim strokes, lifeguard rescues and BLS/FA/EO skills.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
* New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. To be considered for this position, please attach your proof of COVID-19 vaccination, along with your resume.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
YMCA OF GREATER NEW YORK | Where there’s a Y, there’s a way.