Date posted: October 9, 2023
Location: New Prague, MN 56071, USA
This is a great opportunity for an individual with a passion for the coordination of aquatics programming and youth swimming. The coordinator works in collaboration with the Fitness & Aquatics Center supervisor and Director of Community Services to develop the programming at the Aquatics Center and lead the Neptune-sanctioned swim club in a state-of-the-art facility. The coordinator will plan and coordinate the facility and staff and provide supervision, training and program evaluation.
This is a 12 month, full-time position; pay is commensurate with experience.
Responsible for the coordination of the New Prague Aquatics Center in collaboration with the Fitness & Aquatics Center Supervisor. The coordinator also has the role of head swim club coach to guide and grow a year-round age group aquatics program and promote positive enthusiasm around the sport of swimming for all levels of development. Duties include facilities planning and coordination, staff planning, staff selection, supervision, training and evaluation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
– Programming swim club & swimming lessons
– Scheduling, planning, promotion and oversight of all Aquatics Center swim meets and special events
– Supervise, lead and direct aquatics staff
– Planning and management of facility and program budgets
– Develop, implement and maintain a schedule of activities and events
– Management of facility
Preference to candidates with 3 or more years of direct related swim coach and aquatics experience leading or supervising coaches and advisors of activities. Must be a USA-Swimming certified coach or capable of attaining certification.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Aquatics Facility Management, Facilities Management, Sports Marketing or related area and/or specialized training, certifications or credentials relevant to aquatics
– Must have the following certifications or the ability to get within 1 year:
- Current certification as a USA Swim Team Coach
- Certified Lifeguard Trainer preferred
- Lifeguard and Water Safety Instruction certification (American Red Cross or Swim America)
- CPR certification
- First Aid certification
- Certified Pool Operator, preferred but not required
- Valid MN driver’s license
– Prefer a minimum of three years directly related swim coach and aquatics experience leading or supervising coaches and advisors of activities
New Prague Area Schools is a district of 4,000 students, Pre K through 12. The district is located about 45 miles southwest of the Twin Cities. The district serves the students and community members of the New Prague, Elko New Market, northern Lonsdale areas, as well as several other communities. The district offers a small-town quality of life with easy access to the conveniences of a major metropolitan area. I.S.D. 721 is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply