Karishim Aquatics Swim Club (KASC), a competitive swimming club in Newton, MA (greater Boston area), is currently accepting applications for the position of Age Group Coach. We are looking for a coach who is a dynamic team player and is excited to help KASC continue its growth in both size and achievement.
KASC swimmers have experienced steady improvement over the past ten years in both the highly competitive New England USA Swimming league and the less competitive JCC league. Our 130 athletes experience competitive success and personal, emotional growth because our coaching staff believes that prioritizing team building and growth mindset makes the happiest (and fastest) athletes.
- Age Group Coach (reports to Head Coach)
- Plan, schedule and lead group practices which incorporate the USRPT training method
- Submit all written practices to Head Coach at beginning of each week during training phase of employment
- Coach and assist at both USA and JCC swim meets
- Attend all coach’s meetings (approximately 4-5 per year)
- Assist Head Coach in drafting/dispersing information pertaining to your swimmers
- Potentially help determine swimmers’ events for meet entries
- Starting salary will be in the range of $20 per hour. Potential to make $50 per hour teaching private lessons for swimmers on the team and/or other participants in our swim setting
- Preferred start date will be August 2017
How to Apply
Applicant Coaches must:
- be USA Swimming certified or be willing and able to become USA Swimming certified within the first 30 days of employment
- be excited to incorporate the USRPT training method into their daily practices
- be professional, enthusiastic and POSITIVE people who exhibit effective teaching/communication skills
- demonstrate a commitment to continuing their education, in the sport of swimming and coaching
Applicant Coaches may (but not must):
- be ASCA certified
- have prior competing and/or coaching experience in swimming or any sport
- be knowledgeable of stroke/skill technique, season/workout planning and dryland training/technique
Please submit a letter of application, résumé and at least 3 professional references to Head Coach Adrian Eagles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the KASC family!