Applications due 12/15/19
Location: 775 Talamini Road, Bridgewater Township, NJ, USA
Head Age Group Coach/Aquatics Supervisor
Tuesday – Saturday
The JCC Bridgewater Tide (BWTD), located in Bridgewater, NJ, is seeking a full-time swim coach and Aquatics Supervisor to be the primary coach for our Tidal Waves, Bronze, and Senior group programs. The Tidal Waves and Bronze groups are the base of our program, and it is a great opportunity to instruct new swimmers and to get them engaged in the sport. The Senior group is our second-highest level group and is full of high school swimmers looking to improve. The Head Age Group coach will also assist in tasks in the Aquatics Department, as well as oversee the Summer Pool Club.
BWTD is a swiftly growing and improving program, which has grown from less than 90 swimmers in 2017 to a maximum of 140 swimmers in the summer of 2019 with ability levels ranging from novice to AAA level swimmers. We are also New Jersey’s first and only SafeSport-recognized program. We have a close-knit, hardworking staff that is proud of our success, but are always looking to improve. We are looking for a coach who is willing to help us continue to grow our team, develop our younger swimmers, and is truly passionate about the sport.
Head Age Group Coach Job Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Being the lead coach for the Tidal Waves, Bronze, and Senior group practices.
- Designing season plans in accordance with the Head Coach.
- Assisting with other training groups as needed.
- Attending scheduled USA Swim meets.
- Working with the Head Coach to recruit new swimmers and schedule tryouts.
- Assisting the parent committee with tasks such as spirit wear orders, group socials, and the end of season banquets for both the short course season and Summer Tide.
- Performing Administrative tasks such as meet entries, weekly newsletters, updating the team website, etc.
- Assisting in JCC events throughout the year.
Aquatics Supervisor Job Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Friday, Saturday and Evening Supervisor of pools
- Supervising lifeguards
- Overseeing maintenance of pool including chemical, cleanliness
Summer Pool Club Director, Managing all aspects
- Scheduling and supervising guards
- Lifeguarding as needed
- Oversee chemicals, cleanliness, maintenance operation of outdoor pools
- Special events, theme days
- Customer service with members
Customer Service & Communication
- Handle difficult or emotional customer situations in calm and respectful manner
- Respond promptly to customer needs
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of sensitive issues
- Maintain regular and frequent communication with supervisor to ensure constant lines of open communication
Overall JCC Duties
- Support the mission of the JCC
- Represent and promote JCC at community-wide events, programs, and open-houses, including those that fall on evenings and weekends throughout the year
- Work with members and clients of the JCC to ensure happiness and ease concerns
- Attend regular staff and program meetings
- Participation in training seminars and webinars, as assigned
- Works well in a team as well as independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sense of humor, desire to have fun!
- Desired Qualifications
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
- ASCA Level 2 or similar coaching experience.
- Knowledge of Team Unify.
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek Team Manager.
- Knowledge of Meet Manager preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to create a positive environment where all swimmers are inspired to improve and succeed.
- Willingness to maintain working knowledge of current swimming techniques and training methods.
- CPO Certification or willingness to obtain one within 60 days of being hired
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full-time benefits include subsidized health insurance, access to a dental plan, 401k, paid vacation and sick leave, and payment for USA and ASCA membership. We also provide opportunities for coach development, such as payment for ASCA courses, and traveling to coaches’ clinics.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and at least two references to David White at [email protected]