2017 TENNESSEE INVITATIONAL
- Thursday, November 30th – Saturday, December 2nd
- Allan Jones Aquatic Center
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Prelims 10 am CT / Finals 5 pm CT
- Championships Central
- Live Results (Also on Meet Mobile, if this link isn’t updated)
- Diving Results
Those costumed pull-ups are clearly paying off for Molly Hannis. This morning in prelims of the 2017 Tennessee Invite, the Rio Olympian and Tennessee postgrad threw down the all-time second-fastest 100 SCY breaststroke with 56.64 to become the second woman in history to break 57.
“Training has been going really well, so I knew it was going to be a good race,” Hannis told SwimSwam.
That swim catapults Hannis, traditionally more of a 200 swimmer, from 20th in the all-time performance rankings, leapfrogging the likes of Breeja Larson, Alia Atkinson, Sarah Haase, and seven Lilly King swims.
Lilly King‘s monster 56.30 at last year’s Big Tens is the only swim in history that stands the test of Hannis’s prelims performance today. You can see the top swims in history below:
- 56.30: Lilly King, 2/17/2017 final
- 56.64: Molly Hannis, 12/1/2017 prelim
- 56.85: Lilly King, 3/17/2017 final
- 56.85: Lilly King, 3/18/2016 final
- 57.15: Lilly King, 3/18/2016 prelim
- 57.23: Breeja Larson, 3/20/2014 final
- 57.29: Alia Atkinson, 3/21/2014 final
- 57.30: Lilly King, 11/13/2016 final
- 57.35: Lilly King, 2/19/2016 final
- 57.36: Molly Hannis 12/1/2017 final
Hannis split 26.36/30.28 in her swim this morning. King’s American record splits were 26.35/29.95.
Tonight in finals, Hannis followed up her prelims performance with the 10th-fastest swim in history, a 57.36.