2021 INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING LEAGUE – SEASON 3, MATCH 7
- Thursday, September 16 – Friday, September 17
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST (8:00 pm – 10:00 pm Local Time)
- Piscina Felice Scandone, Naples, Italy
- Short Course Meters (25m – SCM) Format
- ISL Season 3 Schedules, Start Times, & More
- Teams Competing: Cali Condors, Toronto Titans, Iron, New York Breakers
- Omega Live Results
- Day 1 Recap
Day 2 Lane Assignments
- Lanes 1&2: Iron (IRO)
- Lanes 3&4: Toronto Titans (TOR)
- Lanes 5&6: Cali Condors (CAC)
- Lanes 7&8: NY Breakers (NYB)
TEAM STANDINGS – DAY 1
- Toronto Titans – 292 points
- Cali Condors – 283 points
- Iron – 171 points
- New York Breakers – 158 points
The battle for first and third place is close entering day two of match seven in Naples. Each team has made some big decisions to ensure their best point pick-ups.
In the women’s butterfly events, Iron’s Ranomi Kromowidjojo is entered only in the 50 fly individual and skins events. For the Condors, Beata Nelson will also swim the 50 fly twice as well as the 100 IM. Joining Nelson in the individual 50 fly will be Maaike de Waard. Fellow Condor Kelsi Dahlia will take on the 50 fly skins as well as the 200 fly, the only two events on her line-up.
Toronto will not be wasting anytime in the women’s 50 fly events as they loaded Titans Louise Hansson and Michelle Coleman for both the individual and skins events. Hansson is scheduled to also swim the 100 IM while Coleman will take on the 100 free.
Toronto is without Summer McIntosh, however, putting Tess Cieplucha and Laura Stephens in both the 200 fly and 400 IM events. During match five, Stephens placed third to McIntosh’s sixth-place finish while McIntosh and Cieplucha finished 2-3 in the 400 IM. With Stephens’ stronger stroke being butterfly, she will likely be able to score those early checkpoint bonus points that McIntosh would earn.
The Condors will also put their best duo in the men’s 50 back skins, Coleman Stewart and Justin Ress. Stewart will also swim the 100 back while Ress will replace absent Caeleb Dressel in the 100 free. Angel Martinez, who primarily swims the 200 fly, will also take on the 50 fly as well as butterfly in Cali’s mixed medley relay.