- Dates: July 7-10
- Location: Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center
- Live Results
At the 2016 U.S. Olympic Trials last week in Omaha, Dakota Luther looked to have swam fast enough in the 200 fly prelims to make it into the semifinals on the heels of a Cammile Adams disqualification. Her 2:12.60 was just hundredths off of her best time. Adams’ DQ was overturned, however, and after minutes of probable excitement and anticipation, Luther learned that she would be the first alternate for semifinals instead. Nobody scratched.
Tonight, Luther packed a punch with a big new best time of 2:11.62, just days after the conclusion of the Olympic Trials. Swimming with the Austin Swim Club, the 16-year-old took nearly a full second off of her lifetime best, won the event by over four seconds, and vaulted herself up the 15-16 age group all-time rankings. She now sits at #28, right behind incoming University of Texas freshman Lauren Case (2:11.60).
- LSU’s Leah Troskot swam a 56.17 to top the field in the 100 free, about six tenths off of her lifetime best from the spring.
- There was a tie for first in the men’s 100 free between Nicholas Carlson of Lost Creek Aquatics and Texas A&M-bound Michael Thibert— both clocked a 51.75.
- Kaitlyn Swinney of Rice Aquatics swam a 2:17.28 in the women’s 200 back to win that event in a new best time.
- Lakeside’s Stephen Cheng swam a 2:05.19 to take first in the men’s 200 back.
- Streamline Aquatics’ David Moore, who had never broken 2:04.9 before today, swam a 2:02.58 for the win in the men’s 200 fly win.
- Austin Swim Club won both the men’s and women’s 800 free relays, with the men going 7:45.66 and the women 8:27.07.