2021 INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING LEAGUE – SEASON 3, MATCH 7
- Thursday, September 16 – Friday, September 17
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST (8:00 pm – 10:00 pm Local Time)
- Piscina Felice Scandone, Naples, Italy
- Short Course Meters (25m – SCM) Format
- ISL Season 3 Schedules, Start Times, & More
- Teams Competing: Cali Condors, Toronto Titans, Iron, New York Breakers
- Omega Live Results
- Match 7 Preview
TEAM ROSTERS/DEPTH CHARTS
- All Ten 2021 ISL Team Rosters
- Cali Condors – Naples Depth Chart
- Toronto Titans – Naples Depth Chart
- Iron – Naples Depth Chart
- New York Breakers – Naples Depth Chart
Day One Lane Assignments
- Lanes 1&2: Toronto Titans (TOR)
- Lanes 3&4: Cali Condors (CAC)
- Lanes 5&6: Iron (IRO)
- Lanes 7&8: NY Breakers (NYB)
Meiron Cheruti, Mewen Tomac and Elliot Clogg will make their season three debuts for the Breakers following a brief quarantine due to positive COVID-19 tests among the team back in late August. At the same time, Toronto and Cali had to quickly find subs for big point scorers Summer McIntosh and Caeleb Dressel, who are both out for the remainder of the regular season.
Tomac will take on the biggest schedule with the 50/200 back double and lead off the men’s 4×100 medley relay. Clogg will accompany Tomac in the 200 back while Cheruti is entered in the 50 free. Both Cheruti and Clogg will also take on the “A” men’s 4×100 free relay.
During match three, the Breakers had to sub Tomac/Clogg with non-200 back specialists Ole Braunscheig and Brandonn Almeida, who finished 7-8 in the event. In the 50 back, Braunscheig subbed in for Tomac again but finished 7th in the event. Today, Braunscheig will sit the benches while Almeida will save energy for his lone event, the 400 free.
Kaersten Meitz will make her season three debut for the Toronto Titans with her women’s 400 free entry, subbing in for distance point scorer Summer McIntosh. During Toronto’s last match, McIntosh and Julia Hassler finished 1-2 to combine for 22 points, slightly raising some pressure for Meitz.
Another big point scorer, Caeleb Dressel, has also left Naples for the remainder of the regular season. Luckily, the Cali Condors were able to find adequate substitutions for Dressel with their deep roster. Flyer Angel Martinez and sprinter Marcin Cieslak will take on the 100 fly together. In the men’s medley relays, Martinez and Cielsak will swim the fly legs again. Meanwhile, Justin Ress and Jesse Puts will repeat their 50 free entries. During match six, the duo finished 1-3.