2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Prelims Live Stream (USA Swimming)
- Prelims Live Stream (NBC Olympics)
- Finals Live Stream (Olympic Channel)
- Wave I Psych Sheets
- Wave I Live Results
- Day 1 Finals Heat Sheet
16-year-old Camille Spink further established herself during the finals of the women’s 100 freestyle at Wave I of the 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials, moving herself into a tie for 12th all-time in the girls ’15-16 age group.
After dropping a time of 55.63 to take the top seed for the final this morning, Spink sliced another four tenths off of her best time to finish in 55.25. With her performance, Spink punched her ticket to Wave II of the Trials, finishing first overall in the ‘A’ final.
Spink’s best time entering the meet was a 56.01, which previously ranked her 66th all-time in the 15-16 age group. By moving into a tie for 12th tonight, Spink is now ahead of the likes of Abbey Weitzeil, Cierra Runge, and Katie Ledecky, all of whom own Olympic gold medals.
All-Time Rankings, Girls 15-16 100 Freestyle (LCM)
- Claire Curzan, 53.55 – 2021
- Missy Franklin, 53.63 – 2011
- Gretchen Walsh, 53.74 – 2019
- Simone Manuel, 53.86 – 2013
- Torri Huske, 54.52 – 2019
- Amy Tang, 54.71 – 2019
- Amy Bilquist, 54.85 – 2014
- Lia Neal, 54.90 – 2011
- Isabel Ivey, 54.95 – 2016
- Stanzi Moseley, 55.03 – 2014
- Rhi Jeffrey, 55.21 – 2003
- Jasmine Tosky / Camille Spink, 55.25 – 2010/2021
17-year-old Kristina Paegle finished second to Spink in the final, also punching her ticket to Wave II. In the race, Paegle sliced just over a tenth of a second off of her best time of 56.04 that she swam this morning, touching in a time of 55.91. Paegle’s swim moves her to 70th all time in the 17-18 age group.
Both swimmers will get a chance to improve their times during the wave II competition.