2019 INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING LEAGUE: GROUP A, MATCH 2 – NAPLES
- Saturday, October 12th – Sunday, October 13th
- 7:00 pm – 9:00 PM, local time (UTC+2), (1:00 pm – 3:00 pm U.S. Eastern Time)
- Naples, Italy
- Piscina Felice Scandalone, Via Giochi del Mediterraneo
- Short Course Meters (SCM)
- Group A: Cali Condors, DC Trident, Energy Standard, Aqua Centurions
- Live stream, event schedule & viewer’s guide
- Day 1 complete results
- Day 2 complete results
During ISL Group A Match 2 in Naples, DC Trident member Andreas Vazaios took down the Greek national record in the 200m back SCM. While Vazaios finished 6th in the event, his final time of 1:52.92 took down countryman Apostolos Christou‘s former record of 1:53.20 set at the 2018 SCM World Championships.
There is no clear evidence of Vazaios’ previous lifetime best, however, Vazaios swam 1:53.67 in the 200 back at the ISL Indy meet.
Last weekend, Vazaios also took down his own 200 IM national record with a time of 1:53.05. His former record time of 1:53.27 was set all the way back at the 2017 European SC Championships. That time puts him as the 25th-fastest performer in event history.
During the ISL Naples meet, Vazaios was a key contributor to the DC Trident’s team point total. After day one, Vazaios had a turn around and won the 200 IM (1:53.44) and finished second in the 200 fly (1:52.52). Along with his relay efforts, Vazaios earned the 21st-most points with 20.5 points to aid in DC Trident’s third-place finish.